Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
I have two times drove into our old place carport with our bikes in the roofrack.

Wife has backed into her Mother & has pulled out of a parking space & caught a fence with the fender & bumper.

joe r

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium
160 Posts
I have two times drove into our old place carport with our bikes in the roofrack.

Wife has backed into her Mother & has pulled out of a parking space & caught a fence with the fender & bumper.

joe r
:huh: What broke on the Foz when it hit her mother?

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
I have broke...........

An engine (hydro-locked)
Radiator (fans came on in water)
Wheel bearings (sunk in mud pit and rusted)
An ECU (same mud pit as bearings)
Rear brakes and all hardware (see pit above)
Plastic rear bumper (steep hill)

That's most of it.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Over the past seven years we've broken one of the stock lateral links, busted both front hubs/bearings, bent several struts and a rear knuckle. Not quite broken, but my downpipe has a huge dent in it from hitting a rock. Gone through many, many wheel well liners. Oh, and more recently, hubby rearranged the front lip too in a little off-roading venture.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Most everything on the car.

I have no plastic underbody/wheel well liners.
No fog lights.
Ripped front bumper.
Dented Subframe brace, oil pan, fumoto, header xpipe.
Dented 3rd cat.
Dented rear bumper (father backed it out -through- the garage door, then i backed it out into the rock wall behind the garage)

Drivers front and passenger rear wheel bearings
Fuel pump.

Pretty much everything rubber in the engine bay has been replaced, and more is being replaced currently as well as all the metal fuel rails(rust).

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
AWD transfer duty clutch, rear control arm (bent).

Now... on my truck... I've blown two transmissions to pieces, and gone thru a set of rear diff gears. And a bunch of other stuff. :lol:

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,352 Posts
For my car, nothing thus far.

AWD transfer duty clutch, rear control arm (bent).

Now... on my truck... I've blown two transmissions to pieces, and gone thru a set of rear diff gears. And a bunch of other stuff. :lol:
Wut bout that new engine? Or did the old one not officially break?

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
  • Bent right front strut.
  • Bent left tie-rods.
  • Rear right KB endlink bushing cracked.
  • Dented/scraped exhaust parts.
  • My moonroof is cracked pretty badly and windshield is scratched (no cracks though).
  • Some scratches on seats and other interior pieces made by Dog.
  • LOTS of dents of course -- only one from my *** leaning on the car, others "magically" appeared on their own.

That's pretty much it so far -- knock on wood.

Stan

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Wut bout that new engine? Or did the old one not officially break?
It never 'broke' but it did lose a ton of compression in two cylinders due to what appeared to be ring failure (or the beginnings of one). Which was odd... because that engine had all scheduled oil changes and services, and had been redlined maybe 5 times in its 10 year life. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
  • front oem endlink
  • oem piston ring land
  • 18g
  • oem radiator x2
  • poltec rear endlink
  • titec up-pipe (lower flange separated completely at the weld)
  • a tooth off of a rear diff gear (came out of the drain hole)
  • upper radiator hose
  • windshield

·
Registered
2000 forester
10 Posts
Broke the plastic button on the T bar handle of the auto transmission- couldn't get into Park or Reverse. See other posting. Anyone know where I can buy one for a 2000 right hand drive Forester- Suby and the wreckers only sell the whole assembly- the button is held in with a little cir clip just beneath the button and the bit I need comes right out. Anybody got a spare in Australia?

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
I put about a dozen small creases in my rear doors while installing a cargo basket. I didn't realize I was leaning against the car with my knees. $200 worth of PDR took care of them.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
^^ On that note, I once made a dent in my rear door with mah behind while playfighting over the keys with the husband. PDR to the rescue...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts