Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 XT. With the stock 17's. What are the best tires I can purchase to replace my geosqueelers? I live in Florida and dont see snow. Id like wider tires if possible

Thank you

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Outback Wagon
67 Posts
Since you're not dealing in snow, look into Goodyear Eagle GT's. Since I'm in the snow I bought Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread and am very happy.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
What is your definition of best? Traction? Thread wear? Noise? Price? Do you drive in wet weather a lot?

What is your primary use for the car? Is it stock or modded?

For around $100 each my vote is for Falken Ziek 912 or General Exclaim UHP. These tire matched stock or lightly modded forester very well. They have good traction, tread wear and pretty quiet also.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,259 Posts
What is your definition of best? Traction? Thread wear? Noise? Price? Do you drive in wet weather a lot?
Good question. Considering that snow and ice aren't issues, then the Bridgestone Turanza Serentity might be worth considering. Various sizes are available in H or V speed ratings. See attached chart.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 XT
675 Posts
Surftaco, before you drop several benji's tell us the goods. Augie's pulling teeth if you don't know for yourself. I can think of a dozen details that drive my tire choices (I've four sets on rims ready for Offroad, dailydrive, Solo and DE). This group could lend great guidance once you provide likes/dislikes, drive'n style...

Price
hardness
weather
use
suspension setup
bla bla bla

If you can't tell an apex from a track out point. I suggest Bridgestone G019's.

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It can get pretty wet around here and I would not like a tire that makes a lot of road noise. Tread wear is important too. My forester is not modded. But I do enjoy driving quickly and cornering is important. I dont mind the price if they will last.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
I've been happy with our set of Michelin Exalto A/S tires. Run quiet, I've squeezed about 70,000 miles out of them with another 10k+ to go (going to change them before that, with snow coming), handle nicely, but cost a fair bit. You can probably find something a little more warm-weather suited, since these were engineered with some snow capability in mind.

·
Registered
2001 Forester 4EAT
54 Posts
I use Michelen Harmony tires (I believe they were previously known as XPRs). Run nearly 100K on them (mostly hwy driving). And I've got 302,000 on my '01 Forester.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
I've been happy with our set of Michelin Exalto A/S tires. Run quiet, I've squeezed about 70,000 miles out of them with another 10k+ to go (going to change them before that, with snow coming), handle nicely, but cost a fair bit. You can probably find something a little more warm-weather suited, since these were engineered with some snow capability in mind.
I concur!

I ran Exalto A/S too and Michellins are very good for wear (my dad ran more than 80k miles on his last set) performance, but keep in mind that when you're looking for aggressive driving stickies, nothing beats summer tires. S Drives seem to be the quieter one of the summer tires, but ALL summer tires are noisier than A/S tires. This mainly has to do with the tread pattern on them (you should hear my KDWs... :mob:) But the S Drives can wear out in less than 20k miles. For longevity, I still recommend Michellin. My Exaltos are now on my Matrix :) They don't squeal like BFG A/S tires do on a rainy day.

·
Registered
05 WRX STI
208 Posts
I think you should try... Yokohama S Drives. Heard a lot of good things about it.
No more Yokohama's for me! I run a different set of rims and winter tires for at least 4 months and it looks like my S Drives will only last 4 summers max and they seem to dance around a little bit in the rain. Good dry grip though and fairly quiet but I am disappointed by less than stellar wet grip and tire wear.

·
Registered
2008 Forester X
88 Posts
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I'm using this one. I'm finally in the market for new tires on my 2008, the Yokohomos made it to 36,000 miles and the dealer says they're wearing; done. Not a fan of Yokohomo, these are supposedly 80k tires? Joke.

Anyways, I live in Michigan- want all year round all season tires, without paying the Michelin price tags. Any specific recommendations for a 2008 X that handle well in Snow too- without being snow tires?

·
Registered
1 Posts
tire recommendation

I've got an '04 XT and need new tires.
It rains a lot where I live in Vancouver, BC so any recommendations on good handling tires for the rain?
Also, where on line have the cheapest prices and reliable service.

Thx,
Raz

·
Registered
2008 Forester X
88 Posts
I think I've narrowed my search between the BF Goorich Touring T/A 70k tire and the Goodyear ComfortTred 80k tire for similar price. It's for Michigan, so we get all sorts of weather.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
471 Posts
I think I've narrowed my search between the BF Goorich Touring T/A 70k tire and the Goodyear ComfortTred 80k tire for similar price. It's for Michigan, so we get all sorts of weather.

What do you guys think?
Do you run dedicated snow tires in the winter?

If you don't, I would recommend Nokian WR-G2's, I have these on my mom's Forester and girlfriend's Mazda3, as they both aren't keen on switching between winter tires and summer tires. They are the bestest all-seasons for people who see snow but don't want to run snow tires. Awesome treadlife too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts