Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for all Foresters who are now rocking a 6 speed gearbox. If you fit this criteria post up a photo or 50, mod list, trans that was removed (if applicable) . This can serve as a reference place for anyone looking for help from members who have completed this swap.

1. Tuned200/Pam_Cakes
2. MikeDrives1
3. fircrest
4. JUNKYARDGABE
5. sparspecker

·
Registered
1,742 Posts

Removed a stock 5 speed... currently has:

-2005 STI 6-speed transmission and rear diff
-STI drive line
-Complete 5x114 hub/axle/knuckle etc swap
-STI trans mount
-SouthBend stage 2 "daily" clutch
-ACT Streetlite Flywheel
-Goodridge Stainless clutch line
-DCCD Pro Universal controller
-Kartboy SS + bushing combo
-Group N trans mount
-Kartboy trans mount bushings
-Beatrush Pitch Stopper
-TIC rear diff mount bushings
-Kartboy outrigger bushings
-05-07 STI Spec Tein SS-P coilovers
-Front Subframe spacer removed.*
-2005 STI steering rack
-Whiteline steering rack bushings
-STI Lower Arm Bar
-STI Aluminum Front Control Arms (w/ free caster mod)
-Whiteline ALK
-Whiteline RCA
-STI Aluminum Lateral Links w/ Group N bushings
-Front COBB 25mm Swaybar
-Rear COBB 25mm Adjustable Swaybar
-Whiteline Rear Subframe Lockdown Bolts
-COBB Swaybar Mounts
-Kartboy Solid Front and Rear Endlinks
-Cusco Type 40 rear strut bar
-STI Titanium front strut bar
-GD Impreza rear subframe
-GD Impreza diff carrier

·
Registered
536 Posts
Mine was swapped in 2011. JDM 2004 transmission. Full Brembo's and rear STi rear subframe. Also have a dccdpro controller. Just to install an 04' STi cluster.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Question for those with the DCCDPro controller, do you guys notice any light buckling/vibration when in auto mode during slow initial turn - like if you are still releasing the clutch and turning from a complete stop?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Question for those with the DCCDPro controller, do you guys notice any light buckling/vibration when in auto mode during slow initial turn - like if you are still releasing the clutch and turning from a complete stop?
I can never be certain of what my controller is doing because I don't have a STi cluster in my car. I sometimes notice the low speed/maneuvering binding of the centre diff when its in auto. Where do you have your adjustment knob when in auto? The ddcdpro auto isn't like the standard STi auto. It can be altered unlike the STi factory controller.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I can never be certain of what my controller is doing because I don't have a STi cluster in my car. I sometimes notice the low speed/maneuvering binding of the centre diff when its in auto. Where do you have your adjustment knob when in auto? The ddcdpro auto isn't like the standard STi auto. It can be altered unlike the STi factory controller.
I typically have it scrolled all the way down and clicked in.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts