Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With spring just around the corner, I know lots of people are eager to clean up their rides real nice, maybe throw on the (new) summer wheels and get your car look GOOD!

I plan on fully detailing the X and/or XT this weekend and putting the summer wheels back on. My car is crazy dirty and it needs some TLC!

Lets see those pix! Before and after a cool too!

·
Premium Member
2010 2.5 XT Limited
342 Posts
With spring just around the corner, I know lots of people are eager to clean up their rides real nice, maybe throw on the (new) summer wheels and get your car look GOOD!

I plan on fully detailing the X and/or XT this weekend and putting the summer wheels back on. My car is crazy dirty and it needs some TLC!

Lets see those pix! Before and after a cool too!
I did some cleaning, but I probably need to do a detailing soon...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Oddly enough, I did my underbody cleaning on the Outback today... put it up on stands, cleaned everything, insides of the wheels, wheel wells, suspension, floor pan.... pretty much everything. It's actually clean under there now. :icon_eek:

I took some pics of the wells. They were due for re-undercoating, so I did that as well.

Will have to get them off the card and resized tomorrow... I'm going to bed! :lol:

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,760 Posts
Mine's gonna need some TLC after the winter. Once all the snow (salt) is gone I'm going to get it professionally detailed. There's a guy who does all the Ferrari, Porsche, Lambo, Merc.... at a very reasonable price and that's where I'll be taking it this spring. I'm make sure to post before/after pics.

Pro detailing isn't cheap but considering it takes me a full day to do it myself I don't think its a bad deal at all.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
Mine needs it bad, but won't get it till next month sometime. Still too much risk of snow (and resulting chemical de-icer on the road) to do it yet.

Need to find something to do that rear black bumper with. Never saw much good with back to black. Is that still the only thing folks recommend?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,525 Posts
I'll bet you all can't wait.......It has been a horrific winter for some of you but living in FLA.......my fozzie is clean allllllllll the time. :biggrin:

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine needs it bad, but won't get it till next month sometime. Still too much risk of snow (and resulting chemical de-icer on the road) to do it yet.

Need to find something to do that rear black bumper with. Never saw much good with back to black. Is that still the only thing folks recommend?
I actually starting using a tire shine spray on the black bumpers. They stuff I have you spray on and buff off and it leaves a nice matte finish. It works great on the lower 1/2 of my X.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,484 Posts
I actually starting using a tire shine spray on the black bumpers. They stuff I have you spray on and buff off and it leaves a nice matte finish. It works great on the lower 1/2 of my X.
That's what I've been using on the bumper step cover, I'll give it a shot on the rear bumper. Haven't detailed the Foz since my neighbor rear-ended me pulling into our little parking lot. :shake:

·
Registered
2018 XT & 2010 X
2,165 Posts
Well since we have this 'discussion' type thread, I thought I'd ask a question I came here for (and searching isn't helping).

For polishing/waxing, it says do it IN THE SHADE, on a cool car. Well, I don't have a garage....all I have is a large maple. Is that OK? Last time I cleaned, claybarred and tried to wax it was later in the year and I had green pollen on the car between steps. Really!

I just picked up the following:
Meguiars Show Car Glaze # 7 (Pure Polish)
Meguiars HI-TECH YELLOW WAX # 26

I may also purchase my own random orbital buffer (or just wait until I get together with Jami). I already have some claybar.

I just need to know if I can do this under a tree of if I need to - what, ask an acquaintence if I can borrow their garage? :shrug:

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts

I've been trying to find this, but I haven't had any luck locally. Back to Black has been ok for me so far, but it doesn't seem to last long.

I've been putting the nice weather to good use...cleaned the foz on Monday and snapped some pics at sunset. I took the crossbars off too since I'm not putting them to good use.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
239 Posts
I'm looking for something to "fix" the lower sections that doesn't leave the oily uneven look like most every black cleaner... what are you using?

It's going to be in the 68-72 zone finally over the next few days, looking forward to getting the salt out of the carpet. Doing the back doors with raammat too !

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
225 Posts
For polishing/waxing, it says do it IN THE SHADE, on a cool car. Well, I don't have a garage....all I have is a large maple. Is that OK? Last time I cleaned, claybarred and tried to wax it was later in the year and I had green pollen on the car between steps. Really!
Personally, I don't think it's a big deal as long as you aren't in full on sun. I think you get better wax adsorption when it doesn't dry immediately in the sun. I'm in the same boat as you and just try to wax early in the morning or late in the day.

·
Registered
09 Forester 2.5X
704 Posts
Argh...how do I keep the pollen off my car?? Other than a garage. I find myself having to brush off all of it, every morning, with a rag. Stupid plants...sexing all over my car.

"The pollen this year is out in full force," said Amanda Campbell, a botanist at the Atlanta Botanical Garden. "And a couple of reasons for that ... [are that] there was a very cold long winter ... [a] relatively wet year last year, very wet winter in many parts of the country and now we have a compressed bloom season."

1 - 20 of 32 Posts