Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1988 rx
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is currently my only Subaru its not stock as you probably guessed.

Suspension consists of Xt6 20mm sways F/R, 4wd shocks rear, XT4 2wd struts front, E-bay coil overs 350#f 450#r springs.

Engine is a worked over EA82t 1.8l with ported and shaved heads, WRX intercooler, ported wastegate, 91 legacy ss BPV, custom cold air intake, and an STI intercooler sprayer. This engine with the boost turned UP to 11.5 psi makes 170 hp at the crank....stock it had 115 hp

the transmission is the original RX AWD D/R 5speed with 3.7 diffs LSD in back

This grainy Cell phone pic is the most recent I will take some better ones soon.

I am looking for another Suby to replace my Saturn DD and the Forester is the likely winner

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
Nice car, looks like fun, good luck on the Foz quest.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L NA auto
576 Posts
Hey! You can't be on this forum without a Forester!!! :mob:This will not fly............................Hahahaha...just kidding. All you need to be here is a passion for Subys(otherwise why would you search us out in the first place) and a desire to learn and share and hang out with really nice people. Well, that and a computer. Without that I guess it would be pretty hard to come visit:huh: Any whoza, I really like the race car and the spirit in which it was built. I see that you have a few posts...but I wanted to say hi anyway.

So, welcome from Montana.

Kenny

·
Registered
1988 rx
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not a legacy it is a Leone RX-II. This came before legacies before the impreza and was the factories rally chassis until the legacy came along.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Nice Ride! :Banane08:
By the way...I'm loving the Grassroots Motorsports sticker on the bumper. I hear its good for 20+ MPH and at least 50 bhp. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 FAXT 5mt
525 Posts
i had a AWD turbo 1990 leone wagon,had so much fun with it. on my 5th sube 3 leone's two forester's. foresters are fun.SUBARU THATS ALL WE'LL DRIVE!

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
I really dig that. I would drive it. Every day. lol

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
Wow, that's sweet!

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
nice car! i was mostly an 80s child and tend to prefer designs a little on the boxy side instead of fully rounded.

i was thinking a smaller, earlier turbo motor would compare in Hp to a current 2.5 NA. do you have any idea how much your car currently weighs? it's probably a bit lighter than a forester?

·
Registered
1988 rx
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
truck stop scales say 2300# without driver and my Gtec says its making 170hp at the crank.

To be brutally honest the engines that came in these early cars are crap they are a pushrod engine that was "Adapted" to have OHC. Being a 1950's design the bottom end is no where near as stout as a modern EJ this has 3 main bearings so high RPM is unwise. the next problem is these things like to blow head gaskets. I have been fortunate in that mine is holding together but its only a matter of time. If you get an older car like mine put a modern EJ in it you will thank me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts