Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT LTD
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say, I have belonged to many a car forum and this one by far has been the best. I learned a whole l lot from this group and as a result I was able to self install accessories like a OEM Subaru Hitch, Fly Audio head unit (hey there is nothing quite like ripping the dash apart in a two week old car), and a number of other items that I would have otherwise had to pay someone else to do, and for a middle aged gal - that's quite an accomplishment!

I want to thank all the participants in this community for helping me get the most (and best) out of my '10 FXT. I hated to trade it as it was one of the best cars I have ever owned (a thrill to drive too - something I did rather spiritedly I might add) - but I needed a people mover and Subaru doesn't currently offer anything with a "usable" third row with a high towing capacity! I think they are missing out on a growing segment of potential customers here...

In any event, I ended up with an AWD '14 Dodge Durango which has plenty of room for 7 and excellent towing capacity of > 6K. It's comfortable, but I can tell you first hand it's no Subaru in the snow.....period. I am going to truly miss that sure-footedness. Hopefully Subaru makes a worthy people mover in the future and I can again enjoy the confidence that a Subaru AWD offers in the nastiest of inclement weather.

Kind Regards to All.

·
Registered
2002 ES300
4,412 Posts
I have to say, I have belonged to many a car forum and this one by far has been the best. I learned a whole l lot from this group and as a result I was able to self install accessories like a OEM Subaru Hitch, Fly Audio head unit (hey there is nothing quite like ripping the dash apart in a two week old car), and a number of other items that I would have otherwise had to pay someone else to do, and for a middle aged gal - that's quite an accomplishment!

I want to thank all the participants in this community for helping me get the most (and best) out of my '10 FXT. I hated to trade it as it was one of the best cars I have ever owned (a thrill to drive too - something I did rather spiritedly I might add) - but I needed a people mover and Subaru doesn't currently offer anything with a "usable" third row with a high towing capacity! I think they are missing out on a growing segment of potential customers here...

In any event, I ended up with an AWD '14 Dodge Durango which has plenty of room for 7 and excellent towing capacity of > 6K. It's comfortable, but I can tell you first hand it's no Subaru in the snow.....period. I am going to truly miss that sure-footedness. Hopefully Subaru makes a worthy people mover in the future and I can again enjoy the confidence that a Subaru AWD offers in the nastiest of inclement weather.

Kind Regards to All.
Yes, this community is one of the best for car knowledge and know how. Enjoy your new ride, and feel free to check in whenever you want.

Best of luck with the Durango, the 2014's are by far the best looking generation they've made.
+1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts