Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site would not be possible without the loyalty and dedication of our members, so I would like to extend a big THANK YOU to all of you who dedicated some of your time and resources to help create the Subaru Forester Owners Forum v.1.8.

This transition has not been without expense, however. For the time being, MarkyD has generously provided us with server space and hosting privileges, but we will transition the site to a commercial server/paid hosting service within the next few weeks. We will also make the switch to vbulletin for a more secure and dependable forum solution. There is also the POSSIBILITY that we may wind up purchasing the domain name and database from the current owner, if we can come up with the necessary capital.

If you (our members) would like to help mitigate the cost associated with these improvements, we will gladly accept your donations. In return we will place the rank title of "Contributing Member" in your forum profile (or any custom title you previously had at sf.com, if you prefer) and award you a higher than normal upload quota for pictures (once attachments are enabled). Contributions are accepted through PayPal at subaruforester_merchandise (at) yahoo (dot) com. :)
The site will remain free to use and donations are by no means mandatory, but will help us offset some of the cost associated with these changes.

Thank you! :)

P.S. By popular demand, here's a quick button for a $20 donation:

Please remember to reference your username! If you are sending your donation by means of the PayPal button you may have to send me a separate pm or email because there is no place to include a reference.

All members who make a donation of at least $10 by February 1 are automatically eligible to be entered into the raffle for the data monitor: http://subaruforester.org/viewtopic.php?t=248

·
Administrator
29,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just a quick update... I'd like to thank everyone so far who has been kind enough to contribute to the fund. Thanks to the generosity of our members we've raised almost $370 so far, with average donations being in the $20-30 range, and one very generous contribution of $100. :)

We will continue to welcome your contributions as you see fit and will do our best to bring this forum back to being the best resource for the Subaru Forester community!

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
I'd like to take the time to appreciate all of you who have generously donated.

If each member could afford a $5 donation, I'm sure we could come up with enough to pay for the database/domain which Admin might be parting with.

·
Administrator
29,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a brief reminder... please include your username with your paypal donations! I know quite a bunch of you by your real names, but there are a few payments that left me guessing as to who they came from. If your title hasn't been changed and you already made a donation, that's probably why. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.