Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, the siren on my fozzy doesnt seem to work the indicators flash when arming and disarming the alarm and the doors lock and unlock, but when i tried to test it to see how loud it was i got nothing apart from the indicators flashing thats it, iv looked in the manual but there doesnt seem to be an option to have the siren on or off, has any1 else had this problem, or can any1 shed some light on it thanks,

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Siren is programmed NOT to beep on arm/disarm. But if it's N/W during an actual intrusion it sounds like a duffer.
what do you mean duffer?, a fake 1, but they come standard on all s turbos dont they, its got the key pad in the glove box, so it has to be a real 1, or do you mean duff as in fooked?, can i just get any siren and link it up or does it have to be a thacham, also does the alarm system have an option to turn the siren off, if it keeps going for no reason thanks

·
Registered
99 s turbo
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what do u suggest? get another siren?, as above can any siren be fited to the control unit, would it be straight swap?

·
Registered
2004 fx
29 Posts
i got my NA foz without a security system. i recently got an upgrade kit that will still utilize the existing remote key. didn't use the siren that comes along since it sound like tweety bird :), instead i tapped it in my mitsuba horns with a switch. i just turn the alarm sound when i do park in dimly lit places.

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
You'd need a Sigma siren; the OE alarm is a Sigma and IIRC it comms with the (external, battery backed) siren. Don't think there's any coding involved so plug-n-play.
I'm pretty sure tho that did read somewhere - there's a blokey from Sigma on one of the forums, search on Sigma Sam- that the siren can "lock up" but it can sometimes be sorted by opening the siren and shorting it's battery out ofr a second or two.

HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts