Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well RObert of FAT insisted I get this done to the ol' FXT and so far w/out really gettin' on the gas, it's a noticeable difference. It seems to be a smoother idle, and smoother power delivery. He dropped the car off to me on my lunch break so could not really give it the gas it needed for the butt dyno to work properly, but the smoothness is noticeable enough. I'm gonna report any gains felt after my drive home from work this evening. Anyone else do this yet on their forester? Share comments/gains!

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
How did it affect the bottom end response? As I see it, the valves help maintain velocity at small throttle openings but are an impedance at WOT.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,304 Posts
I dont think the gains are worth the labor in removing and installing teh deletes. but if you've got the skills and the time then I guess an extra 10-15whp always helps!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Skills and time or just have the money.. =P

DOHCammin said:
I dont think the gains are worth the labor in removing and installing teh deletes. but if you've got the skills and the time then I guess an extra 10-15whp always helps!

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after the drive home, I'm thinking it needs a reflash. It is pulling timing now but again it's still smoother feeling.

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welp, it got it's tune and feels silky smooth now. It was dynoed but as soon as the graph get's to me through a link and a vid I'll post in the dyno forum thingy. It was pulling in way more air as thought and pulling timing big time.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
V...where did you go for the tune? And what numbers did it put down? I am set for Tueday, looking forward to seeing how much a Ecutek will improve drivability.

Can you recommend the TGV Delete, power VS $$$$?

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keyser soze said:
V...where did you go for the tune? And what numbers did it put down? I am set for Tueday, looking forward to seeing how much a Ecutek will improve drivability.

Can you recommend the TGV Delete, power VS $$$$?
I went to Mynes Performance and will throw the numbers on the forum once I've got the links to the graph and the video. When I looked at the price for TGV's it did not seem justifible at first. Then looking at the gains w/ a good tune, it put's down more power to the wheels than a catback would imho and people spend waaaay more on catbacks! Not the blingyest mod but certainly effective.

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dizizjake said:
Full pnp job.
TB, Intake manifold, 20g turbo, Exhaust Manifold, Crossoverpipe, TGV deletes.
Coolant bypass on TB.

www.gotpnp.com
Noice!!! I bet the 20G spools pretty quick w/ all that pnp!!

·
Registered
FXT and Wifes Leggy
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DOHCammin said:
still on the stock turbo? If so, thats really impressive!
Yeah, stock turbo and a good tune seems to help. They even dropped the boost from 16 down to 15 because it really wasn't needed to make good power.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Nice results. I got the TGV deletes done by FAT last year I think the post was on the old site...

What does a stock STi do on that dyno, seems like it reads a bit higher than Dynocomps.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT '05 6mt r180 Carbonetics 1.5w lsd
1,094 Posts
dizizjake said:
Full pnp job.
TB, Intake manifold, 20g turbo, Exhaust Manifold, Crossoverpipe, TGV deletes.
Coolant bypass on TB.

www.gotpnp.com
Just curious, Jake. What kind of power are you pulling with your set-up?

VSB, your numbers are indeed impressive for stock turbo.

I've seen stock STi's dyno between 250-265whp on a Dynojet.

Hmm... gets me thinking 'bout doing this delete myself since I'll be replacing the stock intake manifold with STi, soon.

Would you share the cost of TGV delete?

·
MY BBEAST
2016 SUBARU FORESTER 2.5i AUTO-MATIC
714 Posts
Before I got the TGV delete, My FXT has a safe mode tune of 343whp.
I don't have a new numbers yet cause Injen is still developing my exhaust system, until then I won't be able to get the new numbers.
access www.gotpnp.com for pricing inquiry.

frogmonk said:
Just curious, Jake. What kind of power are you pulling with your set-up?

Hmm... gets me thinking 'bout doing this delete myself since I'll be replacing the stock intake manifold with STi, soon.

Would you share the cost of TGV delete?

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
frogmonk said:

Yes, it is pretty impressive for a TD04.;-)

As far as you saying the stock STi's dyno between 250-265whp, that dyno must be reading pretty high b/c they usually read between 230-240 in stock form on the dyno.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts