Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I cant leave well enough alone. I bought these with the bolt/JB weld mod w/o rods/butterflies. I took them to Real Street Performance and they welded the holes so I could cut out the divider and port/polish them. A hacksaw did the job with the divider quite easily and the Dewalt with a grinding stone did the rest. I fabbed up some covers for where the motors were as I really liked the KSTech caps. I will update with install after I get the Phenolic spacers, injectors and turbo inlet in my hands. Oh, VHT paint also with a plan to VHT the whole manny when it is out for install.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
533 Posts
I did mine last summer along with the parallel fuel line mod, APS inlet and an STi Intake manifold. I left the bars in on mine so I wouldn't have to worry about having the car re-tuned.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
there's a lot of threads about the parallel conversion on nasioc.

basically all you're doing is rerouting the incoming and returning fuel evenly between the two fuel rails. the stock setup is sequential, meaning fuel pressure flows in and out one rail first before it flows in and out the other rail.

from what i gathered doing the mod is mostly personally preference.

·
Registered
707 Posts
yes that it what a lot of aftermarket fuel rail "kits" have you do during the install. you are putting the new rails in parallel (like the pic), rather than in series (like stock). that link is only for fuel rails though, not the lines. they are perrin's old version which is why they are so cheap right now.

but you could essentially "build" that yourself, using your stock fuel rails with some basic rerouting and T-ing of the fuel hoses.

my idea was to deburr the stock fuel rails, weld some AN fittings on them, run AN fuel lines, aftermarket FPR. you would easily have a fuel rail/line setup capable of more than you'll ever need. probably less than the cost of an entire aftermarket fuel rail/line install kit too.

i see no reason not to use the stock fuel rails. they were at least engineered. all i see in an aftermarket fuel rail is a machined aluminum billet block with larger fuel ports, because apparently bigger is always "better"...i'll spend my money elsewhere thank you :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
there's a lot of threads about the parallel conversion on nasioc.

basically all you're doing is rerouting the incoming and returning fuel evenly between the two fuel rails. the stock setup is sequential, meaning fuel pressure flows in and out one rail first before it flows in and out the other rail.

from what i gathered doing the mod is mostly personally preference.
One of the main reasons for doing the mod was to elminate the cold weather fuel leaks. I had to remove the intake manifold for the TGV delete as well so I thought it would be prudent to get as much done in one time as possible, hence the phenolic spacers, inlet, and fuel rail mod.

·
Registered
707 Posts
One of the main reasons for doing the mod was to elminate the cold weather fuel leaks. I had to remove the intake manifold for the TGV delete as well so I thought it would be prudent to get as much done in one time as possible, hence the phenolic spacers, inlet, and fuel rail mod.
yeah i totally understand. i am accumulating parts and plan to do the same myself. luckily the weather is not as cold where i live, but less clutter around the manifold plus pretty AN lines? now how could my $ say no to that lol.

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
That is a WHOLE different can of thread worms. :icon_cool:
yeap i know:biggrin:
Seems Grimmspeeds claims are overly optimistic on TGV gains...just trying to justify the purchase before I replace the turbo inlet.

From their website:

.....On a typical STG 2 setup you are going to realize an increase of 5-10tq/5-8hp in the low end, 10-15tq/8-12hp in the mid range, and 5-10tq/5-8hp at the high end. ......:huh::icon_confused:

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeap i know:biggrin:
Seems Grimmspeeds claims are overly optimistic on TGV gains...just trying to justify the purchase before I replace the turbo inlet.

From their website:

.....On a typical STG 2 setup you are going to realize an increase of 5-10tq/5-8hp in the low end, 10-15tq/8-12hp in the mid range, and 5-10tq/5-8hp at the high end. ......

If you are there, why not. :icon_cool:

It is more of a benny with a bigger snail is my understanding....who knows

Kind of like the header v. PnP mannies with crosspipe saga. I bit there too. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you are there, why not. :icon_cool:

It is more of a benny with a bigger snail is my understanding....who knows

Kind of like the header v. PnP mannies with crosspipe saga. I bit there too. :icon_wink:
I ran Borla headers for a while and hated them. I had my stock manifold PnP'd and heat wraappped, couldn't be happier.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts