Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 forester XT 4EAT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do we have the top feed or the side feed?
What model of wrx/sti can we use (aftermarket ofcourse) cause I didn't find to the forester specifically.
Thanks

Sent from...somewhere

·
Registered
07 FXT
828 Posts
U.S. spec cars are top feed, I don't know exactly what you have in Israel.

There are a couple aftermarket TGV risers that are made of plastic, I went with the JDM Subaru version, as TGV valves were not required in Japan. Same fitment as the WRX.

·
Registered
2008 forester XT 4EAT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In Israel we are like the euro market same demand.
How can I know if I try looking in to my engine ,there is mark or something I should see.

Sent from...somewhere

·
Registered
07 FXT
828 Posts
Pretty sure if it's an 08 you would have top feed injectors. What are you trying to do? I thought TGV valves were a U.S. spec thing. Just looking for new injectors? If so, do you need to upsize them to support higher power?

·
Registered
2008 forester XT 4EAT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I'm trying to do is tgv delete, yes we have here also these valves and if it can bring me some hp so what do I need it for.
I already made the air pump delete.

Sent from...somewhere

·
Registered
07 FXT
828 Posts
@moshe_levy don't count on a noticeable hp gain from TGV deletes. In theory it can help, but will not do anything until you remove the more substantial bottlenecks in the system. If you want to make more power the stock turbo is the number one thing that holds you back. I did not touch the TGV deletes until I needed to upgrade the injectors, which coincided with moving up to a substantially larger turbo that required them. If you are considering a bigger turbo in the future you might upgrade the injectors & TGV deletes now, but you will require a tune immediately.

·
Registered
2008 forester XT 4EAT
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I see, now I'm not planning on big turbo, so I guess i'l leave it that way.
Thanks.

Sent from...somewhere

1 - 7 of 7 Posts