Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SH S-Edition 5EAT
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this should go here or the problems thread (Admins, please move if in the incorrect place)

I've thrown a CEL a few times in the passed week, this is what I get from Learning View:

DTC MEMORIZED: P2006 TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER 1 STUCK CLOSED
DTC MEMORIZED: P2007 TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER 2 STUCK CLOSED
DTC MEMORIZED: P2008 TGV - INTAKE MANIFOLD RUNNER 1 CIRCUIT OPEN

I'm about due for a service, so a can of upper engine cleaner will be going through soon, would this help?
I never had an issue like this on my old Foz (which lasted about 65K miles/6.5 yrs)

If it keeps happening, I'm bound to suck it up and spend a weekend removing the vanes in the TGVs, or something like that...

Thanks for any help everyone
Sean..

·
Registered
2011 SH S-Edition 5EAT
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would just buy the composite tgv deletes and delete the codes. I am going to be doing this when I pull my motor I will let you know how it goes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi Nate

Thanks. I've been following your thread with respect to this (among other things).

I've ended up getting some 07 LGT TGVs that I'm going to delete the vanes out of myself. I couldn't pass them up really, only 2,000 km old (so the engine hadn't even had it's delivery service yet!) and just $100. Proper TGV deletes go for $300+ over here...

I'd originally thought of just leaving the motors and everything attached, but I'm thinking just completely deleting the codes is the way to go...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts