Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4AT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I tried to turn the temperature knob, but it felt stuck. Eventually, I got it to turn (from blue to red) but now the temperature won't change at all. I'm concerned that the gears behind the knob are broken.

I found the whole assembly on ebay. Is this the kind of thing that I could purchase myself and possibly replace or take to a local mechanic and let them replace it? Or should it only be done at a Subaru dealership? I would expect that it will be much more expensive at the dealership. I simply don't have that kind of money right now, but at least the colder temperatures are a few months away.

Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
316 Posts
I had a very similar issue with my 2012 Impreza. The control set can be easily replaced in your Forester. Good used parts can be easily found on eBay. Check YouTube for installation videos. It is a simple swap.

·
Registered
2012 Forester 4AT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a very similar issue with my 2012 Impreza. The control set can be easily replaced in your Forester. Good used parts can be easily found on eBay. Check YouTube for installation videos. It is a simple swap.
Thanks. That makes me feel better about getting the part myself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts