Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week We were looking back at some old EBC Brake photos and brochures from 'days gone by' which then got us talking about the first vehicles we all owned (some of these can be seen in our new 'Taking a Break' YouTube series Taking a Brake with the EBC Team | Episode 1: Group CEO, James Hallett - YouTube

So, the question We have is what was the first vehicle you owned and what was so special or, not so special about it?
Was there anything 'quirky' about it? Did it have a name? Did you do any special upgrades to it?

We would love to see photos of your first vehicle and will be sending some free EBC goodies (Cap, Mug, Pen, Lanyard, you know the sort of things!) to a randomly selected forum user.

Get searching for those old photos in those attics/lofts/garages/under parent's beds or just on your phone or computer if you are from the younger generation.

We can't wait to see what you all used to drive, and I am sure occasionally push!

My first car was a Renault GT Turbo Raider with the colour coded wheels. No real modifications to be done so kept it standard, which in those days was more than enough. I wish I still had it as it would have made me a small fortune......

·
Registered
2008 XT Sport 5-speed
434 Posts
My first car was a 92 Chevy K Blazer. It had a major "personality", the wipers would randomly turn on by themselves, I had to push 2-3 buttons in a certain order to get the rear wiper to wipe, and if you really mashed the gas pedal hard the exhaust would disconnect at one of the slip fittings, dumping out before the cat and muffler. I drove it from NH to Alaska to Florida, the thing was a tank. Mods included a stereo system that was worth more than the truck, Big rig style CB antennas, and about every off road light Wal-Mart had.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5, MT
7 Posts
First car was a 1960 vauxhall viva, 3 on the tree. Sorry no pics. clutch was slipping so bad, I had to time lights on any uphills or I would not make it. But hey, I paid $25 for it, and lasted one summer before clutch completely toasted.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
66 Posts
My first car was a '92 Infiniti M30 convertible that I got in '14. Only had 49,950 miles on the odometer, and 8 was the third owner. Belonged to my dad's landlord, and his wife made him choose to either sell it or take it to the junkyard because she didn't like the one squared off style. For the most part, it was a great car, drove it for about 40k miles before trading it in for my current vehicle. If I had the ability to keep it, I would have. Only issue I ever had was with leaking fuel injectors that were recalled back in '93 or '94 but because it had less than 50k miles when I purchased it, that issue never popped up till after I got it, bought all the available new fuel injectors available on rock auto to get that fixed. Ended up calling her Bell and that thing was built like a tank. No one could keep up on curvy roads either.
FB_IMG_1406319470659.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
1962 Plymouth Valiant, 3 on the tree with the larger slant six engine
Compared to subsequent cars, a unique combination of mediocre performance and mediocre gas mileage

·
Registered
2017 Foz 2.5i CVT
2,049 Posts
My first car, in 1970, was a Sunbeam Alpine. Like every British car, it had catastrophic failures monthly and burned/leaked more oil than it used gasoline. I managed to drive it from Detroit to Denver and back, with a case of 40 and 50 straight weight oil in the trunk. I know I have a photo somewhere but it's not digital... I'll sub another photo of me, at age 21, in 1973, with a gutsier roadster ('66 Vette, 327/300, no power). This pic is also in Colorado :) I was in college, broke, and married, but had a knack for buying and sorting out troubled enthusiast cars, enjoying them, and selling them for a few extra bucks.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts