Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to plan a vacation with my GF who doesn't have a passport so our choices are limited. She loves the beach, surfing and longboarding (skateboards), eating and seeing new things. I was thinking the US Virgin Islands would be a good destination though Maui was my first choice. Recommendations on the US Virgin Islands (hotels, things to do etc) would be great!
I'm now also thinking about Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
2006 Legacy spec.B 5 MT
640 Posts
My girlfriend and I went to St. Croix over the summer and had a great time. It's a pretty quiet island, and we stayed on the even less populated side (west). It's a good island for outdoor-sy people, however there are not many waves, especially on the side we stayed, so no surfing. I'm not sure the roads were smooth enough for longboarding either. But there are great beaches, hiking, and biking there. We rented a condo for cheap (comparatively) litereally on the beach. Can't beat it. Saved a lot by cooking our own meals mostly too. It was nice having a full kitchen and living room to escape the sun occasionally.

Here's a pic I took of our condo. My feet were in the water...

This was looking down the beach in each direction, on the busy day.

And we got to drive of the left side of the road... haha

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,008 Posts
We LOVE St. John! It can be pricey though, and is pretty laid back. Can only get there by boat.
We've stayed at Caneel Bay and rented houses.
Diving, fishing and relaxing are the things to do.

·
Registered
2006 Legacy spec.B 5 MT
640 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
My mom just recently went to St. Thomas and she came back saying it was an "adventure" lol. Apparently that place is less safe than the Bronx and she awoke to gunshots regularly. So to say the least I wouldn't recommend St. Thomas...:N_poke:

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lucky I've pretty much decided to stay in St Croix and just island hop via boat and helicopter to the other two islands... Gunshots?? GEEZ!!!

On another note, how's the wife? =)

My mom just recently went to St. Thomas and she came back saying it was an "adventure" lol. Apparently that place is less safe than the Bronx and she awoke to gunshots regularly. So to say the least I wouldn't recommend St. Thomas...:N_poke:

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She's too busy to worry about it. She's studying for her LSAT right now so every free minute is devoted to that. We're going on this trip after her LSATs to kinda celebrate. The less things she has to worry about (like getting a passport) the more brain power she can put towards that test and the happier she will be which will make me happier.

Check out St. Kitt's. Also why limit yourself? Just get a passport.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Lucky I've pretty much decided to stay in St Croix and just island hop via boat and helicopter to the other two islands... Gunshots?? GEEZ!!!

On another note, how's the wife? =)

Yeah there were gunshots, gangsters, pick-pocketers, the works, luckily my mum came home safe but very frazzled and not relaxed like a vacation should be lol. Apparently the local name for St. Thomas is St. Trauma haha...scary stuff.

Married life is never boring :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts