Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.5xt
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I went ahead and picked up the Tein Super Flex Wagon even though some warned against it. I wasn't able to really find a good review on them by someone that has used them in the past two years or so (Tein moved from the Wagon GT coilovers to the Super Flex Wagon coilovers in 2008). Here's some teaser pics, have the day off tomorrow to put them on and get an alignment.

I plan on taking pictures of full height, and as low down as I can along with the height i'm going to be leaving it at (roughly 2" lower than stock).

Final ride height, 14.5" on all 4 corners.

Max ride height (adjusted body height only without adjusting the springs, could have gone higher). ended up being about 17" front and back.

Spring rates are 6k/5k F/R

Cheapest I could get them was from Nengun for 1,636. I tried to source them from 4-5 people in the states and I got a slew of answers anywhere from, "They don't make that product anymore", to getting them for a higher price and a time frame of a couple months. It only took 2 weeks from clicking the submit order button to them being at my doorstep.

Ride quality thus far without touching dampening or spring settings is really good in MY opinion. I'm thinking the rear could be a bit stiffer and will start adjusting that throughout the next week or so.

I also installed H&R camber bolts in the rear while I had everything apart. My only problem is, I went to such and such establishment about an hour ago to have everything aligned and they did sort of a not so good job, which I didn't expect the best from them but definitely better then what I had received. I asked for -1F/-.5R. I figured this would be more than doable but they couldn't manage. Ended up as -.8/-.7 Front and -1.6Rear. They said that the rear was maxed out and couldn't go positive anymore..... I'm in disbelief about that, or is it possible to have the H&R camber bolts maxed already? seems unlikely. Anyways, currently searching for a better place to get this taken care of in the Vancouver/Portland area.

Will post the install pics that I had take once I get them sorted out.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
I LOVE my Tein GT Wagon Flex coilovers. If you don't have it already get the EDFC. It may sound like a gimmick at first (as I thought it was) but was VERY happy I got it. Oh and....

USE ANTI-SEIZE!!!!

...on the threads. If you don't, over time they could seize and the only way to get the unstuck is a blow torch. Go on...ask me how I know?

·
Registered
2004 2.5xt
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I LOVE my Tein GT Wagon Flex coilovers. If you don't have it already get the EDFC. It may sound like a gimmick at first (as I thought it was) but was VERY happy I got it. Oh and....

USE ANTI-SEIZE!!!!

...on the threads. If you don't, over time they could seize and the only way to get the unstuck is a blow torch. Go on...ask me how I know?
I've learned that lesson many times over already =). My DSM, i swear, every single nut and bolt on that thing was rusted and seized at one point in time, i stopped trying to take anything off without using wd40 and a torch of some sort.

In other news, I've gotten all 4 corners done in a little over 2 hours and its current setup as high as they will go and its at stock height (this is with adjusting the height of the dampener only, without adjusting the spring!), was hoping for it to go a bit higher but I'm happy with that. Will take pictures in the morning and continue on with dropping it.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
+1 for pics and ride quality

also price and spring rates?

·
Registered
2004 2.5xt
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And now some of the install photos. I only show one side as the others are the same. Well, backs are a tad different but easier.

4 bolts to remove on the bottom

bottom apart

5 bolts on top

not all 5 bolts on top are the same!

and putting it all back together.

and, done.

All the tools I used, nothing was rusted or seized, so I got off lucky.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Should be able to get less negative camber than that with the H&Rs. I'd check on your local forum on NASIOC for the alignment place the track guys go to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts