Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first, its great to be back here!!
Now lets get to the point, ive been reading up, and searching for springs for this summer, and my mind is set on either tein H-techs or s-techs springs. My question is, where do I find those springs for the forester model, the onlu models I see on their site are the ones for imprezas or legacy?? do the ones for forester really exist!!
anyways thx!! and if you have other suggestions on what springs I should choose that dont lower the car too low please feel free!!
see you!:wink:

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
Welcome back
Where in the world are you?
What year and model is your car?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm those details would be useful! im in quebec canada, and i have a 99 forester L!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
What about tein coilovers? Cmon, thats what we really want. Does anyone have those? Do they exist for Forester? (instead of starting new post, I'll just throw mine in here)

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
canforester - The H.Techs & S.Techs are also listed on the website shown below - part numbers/spring rates / drop etc. Canadian Dealers are listed here:

http://www.tein.com/dealer/can.html (on the US Tein Website)

LexiconXT - Tein Coilovers do exist - check the Tein Japanese website (in English):

http://www.tein.co.jp/pricese.html

There are at least 3 coilover options, there is an application chart for each product broken down by choice of car manufacturer & then by car model. SF & SGs are on there. Check out the GT Wagon Damper - looks a great product but cost over £1000 sterling here in UK!

(If anyone has these - what are they like in use?)

Ian :)

·
Premium Member
2009 Fozzie XT Ltd 4EAT
553 Posts
I've got h-techs on my 99L and love em

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
If you just want a little bit of a drop and a little bit stiffer, h-tech is the way to go...

I think h-tech is still not stiff enough because of the long travel of the stock suspension and the weight of our cars, when I go WOT or brake hard, i still get a lot of dive and front to back body transfer...

·
Premium Member
2009 Fozzie XT Ltd 4EAT
553 Posts
dunno - I think you may have to go with GR2s instead.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
canforester said:
what would you think about kyb agx shocks with h-tech springs??
I think the spring rates for the Forester specific H-Techs is a bit low to justify the purchase of the AGXs. Also, KYB doesn't make AGXs specific Forester struts and I would not used the Forester H-Techs on AGX application for the WRX.

I suggest if you go the route with AGX that you use S-tech springs specifically for the WRX wagon. You would lose some ground clearance with this setup if that matters to you. But I think it is a better setup for improve handling then using the Forester specific H-Techs alone.

If I were to use Forester H-techs then I would use Forester specific GR2. The Forester specific GR2s are a bit hard to find though. The GR2s are 15% stiffer than OEM and equal to the AGX at middle setting.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited High Torque CVT
783 Posts
My boyfriend tried out a set of S-Tech's on his WRX and after about 4 months the ride quality has diminished almost completely. I guess it really depends on the car that you put them on but riding in his car has pretty much turned me off to them. Inset comment about beating up your kidneys here. Now TEIN coilovers...that is a whole different story.

It's a shame that more brands do not carry options for the Forester.

Jackie

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
SubaruPartsGirl said:
My boyfriend tried out a set of S-Tech's on his WRX and after about 4 months the ride quality has diminished almost completely.
If you look on the box, "S" stands for style as in all looks, no function. I'm sure there's a lot of people using these that swear by them but any spring that lowers over 2" is most likely going to be on the bumpstops most of the time. Most people have no idea that this is happening. Plus if a 2" drop is what you want, the rates would need to be much higher anyways to stay off the bumpstops. JMO. "H" techs make more sense mechanically.

·
Registered
136 Posts
How much would a good set of coilovers (Megan, Tein, etc) affect the ride? Some people complain how springs make it almost unbearable, so what would coilovers do?

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Compared to stock? Stiff! Though Ohlins, Bilstein and a few others offer a pretty decent ride for the most part. Ride quality is always subjective.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts