Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Sg9 Forester Sti manual
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every since I saw Northdownscooby's forester sti I thought I loved the look and didn't think I'd ever get a chance at getting one.Things fell into place and I picked up my Sti which was in need of cosmetic love both in and out.Its almost there now with just a bit if paint and a few little things before I'd consider it tidy (not mint) Just had new springs and dampers fitted and I must say it's transformed the car.Great allround family car

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Lockheed.Full leather and a Litchfield with the performance pack sealed it for me.Its been owned by members on here since new but on different plates.Its on the winters just now but I've had the original wheels restored.

·
Registered
2004 STi
179 Posts
Looks good man, decent drop for springs indeed, looks sleek af in black. How is the OE damper valving coping with them? No issues when your fully loaded? I think if I had to do suspension at some point I'd go Tein coilovers and air cups for those times when a lift is needed. :)

Only ever seen one for sale with leather, I mean I prefer the fabric personally but can see they would be useful if you have kids.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No issues with the OEM dampers .They were very fresh as my ones were sticking and knocking. More comfortable than stock strangely.

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,549 Posts
Did you import a new set of OEM dampers from Japan?
The car looks good (i.e. not too low).

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers fpan.No not new just alot fresher than my knocking seized ones and these have just come into the country so nice and pretty still.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
28 Posts
what is the drop on those, thats very similar to the height I am searching for have about 1" lower than stock on some swift springs, but I'd like to achieve this height, I have kyb struts on mine currently, not sure if it makes a difference in which springs are installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Forester STI Manual
140 Posts
Just the right amount of drop on that, looks really purposeful now.

As a sidebar, what make are those alloys?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They are just standard sti shocks with tein springs,and the wheels are team dynamics pro race 1.2 with 225/45 r18 tyres.They are a vw offset so the sit pretty much flush with the arches but no rubbing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts