Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to match a cheap option turbo to my Daihatsu Mira.

Ive been dealing with a local Turbo workshop and they have recomended the TD04 from a forester. They said its a little smaller than what the WRX engine was fitted with.
Ive learnt that there are many TD04 turbo made with slight difference.

Is there a way to ID the TD04 from the forester?
Were there different TD04 fitted over the years?
Ive seen a few for sale online but most of them are just listed as TD04 but have photos, which i may be able to use to help ID the correct one.

Thanks

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
I suspect the turbo they are talking about is the TF035 from the Forester as the WRX's all use a TD04. (some foresters use a TD04 but its identical to the WRX item!) you can tell a TF035 as it has TF035 cast into the compressor housing!

Even the TF035 is far too big for a 660cc engine, expect it to come on boost at around 3000rpm.

I would give serious consideration to using a Garrett T25 from a Rover turbo, good for 200bhp and will spool at about 2000rpm on a 660cc.

Simon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot for your help.
Im running an 880cc (big block) Im looking for the turbo to spool at around 3500-4000rpm, under load and to be at rest while coasting at 6000rpm at freeway speeds with no load. Im running the Toyota C12 from the 1GGTE twin turbo 2 ltr at the moment and its a bit sick and is boosting way too soon, around 1500rpm and spooling too much on the freeway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts