Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
I would only run one with a EWG, they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be. The hot side is just waaaay too small especially the wastegate flutter issues that some see with the TD04's. So basically I wouldn't run one, sorry bet that wasn't what you were looking for huh?

·
Registered
2009 cts-v 6 speed smg
764 Posts
great useable power!!! very fun for a daily driver. go for it!

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Most suited to a 2.0 engine I would think with that small hotside, also it would ideally want the larger turbo wastegate apeture (same size disc mind) from a 2.5 to have any chance of controlling boost.

Simon

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I was considering the 19t upgrade as well, since for a newly rebuilt one, its about the same cost as a used vf39, however with the cost of getting a tune, the small power increase isn't really worth it.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
I really wouldn't recommend a 19T for a 2.5L. I'm with Rookie. Its frankly too small. Now for a 2.0L, the 19T wheel is a great match.

I wouldn't go with Blouch though. If I'm going with a 19T compressor, I'm going to go with the biggest TD04 turbine I can get my hands on (I think thats a TDO4H, going from memory, I'll have to look that detail up). Blouch doesn't touch the turbine, only the compressor. Precision Turbo will match the bigger compressor wheel with a larger turbine for roughly $400.

All that doesn't matter for us FXTers though. 18g or bigger is my call...

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
TD04H is indeed the largest of the 4 TD04 turbine wheels, but you'll need to get either a bespoke downpipe to match a non subaru housing, or a Subaru turbine housing machined to suite the bigger wheel....

Simon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts