Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Forester SOHC
Girlfriends car has 120kmi, TBelt never been replaced, no documentation on anything. Researching Info to do job. What Else should I be doing ??

TBelt - Conti Kit, Procedures anywhere ?, pulled pdf from "Ferret" - Thanks.
Is Crank Bolt Right Hand threaded ?
Water Pump - Too many for this car, any recommendations?
Fuel Filter - Guessing needs done
Diff/Tranny Fluid (manual) - What is Oil Type for Diff & Tranny
New Plugs - Any recommendations
Air Filter

Anything Else ???
Thanks !!!

·
Registered
1998 Forester
213 Posts
I would use a factory belt or a gates belt. Also check all of the pulleys and seals while you are in there.

·
Registered
03 Forester X
136 Posts
2002 Forester SOHC
Girlfriends car has 120kmi, TBelt never been replaced, no documentation on anything. Researching Info to do job. What Else should I be doing ??

TBelt - Conti Kit, Procedures anywhere ?, pulled pdf from "Ferret" - Thanks.
Is Crank Bolt Right Hand threaded ?
Water Pump - Too many for this car, any recommendations?
Fuel Filter - Guessing needs done
Diff/Tranny Fluid (manual) - What is Oil Type for Diff & Tranny
New Plugs - Any recommendations
Air Filter

Anything Else ???
Thanks !!!
The end wrech writeup is pretty good for the timing belt procedures, just note that the teeth count is incorrect on that writeup as it is for the 2.2L..

Definitely do the tensioner, its pretty expensive ~ 170..

Water pump, i have heard some people say that the aftermarket pumps are better than oem...but i personally woudl stick with the subaru pump..

not sure on the tranny fluid or the diff fluid, you should pick up a haynes manual from autozone or equivalent and it will give you all the info you need on that stuff... its also handy to have for torque specs and random problems you come across, etc..

I use the NGK standard plugs with good luck....

·
Registered
2002 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The end wrech writeup is pretty good for the timing belt procedures, just note that the teeth count is incorrect on that writeup as it is for the 2.2L..

Definitely do the tensioner, its pretty expensive ~ 170..

Water pump, i have heard some people say that the aftermarket pumps are better than oem...but i personally woudl stick with the subaru pump..

not sure on the tranny fluid or the diff fluid, you should pick up a haynes manual from autozone or equivalent and it will give you all the info you need on that stuff... its also handy to have for torque specs and random problems you come across, etc..

I use the NGK standard plugs with good luck....

Thanks 4 responses, I am definitely an NGK guy, also a BMW guy who is partial to Continental Rubber. I would like to buy a Timing Belt Kit and replace everything. I hate giving $$ to Stealerships, do you guys have a good online Subaru Dealer for the belt. Im still waiting on some water pump recommendations, way too many suppliers. Diff Fluid striaght Gear Oil?, or has limited slip additives ?? Does not Subaru have some special additive to help the Head Gasket??, Thanks Again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts