Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone email me their tari racing logs for a Cobb AP stg2... preferably one for a 4eat? Preferably in .csv format.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NW Tan... thanks for the logs. Your XT is an auto, correct? You are also located in the bay area... so you are close to sea level, correct?

I also noticed that your relative manifold pressure (boost) was lower w/ the protune 3rd gear pulls at similar engine speeds (rpm) and vehicle speeds (mph) than the stg2 shelf map 3dr gear pulls. That seems odd to me.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT MT
1,433 Posts
It's a 5MT.

Thanks for pointing out the difference in boost between maps. I hadn't looked at boost across the rpm range. Max boost was what I noticed.

The increase in boost is more gradual on the protune. Throttle response and power is smoother than the shelf map while still making more power and torque. Wastegate flutter is also reduced with the protune map.

Here is the dyno. Shelf stage 2 map is the base.(I posted this before but I can't find the thread...)

So I guess more boost doesn't necessarily produce more power. Great tuning does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts