Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the dimensions/specs of the two screws that secure the tail light assembly of a ‘14 2.5i Limited? I removed one and can’t locate it and online schematics indicate, incorrectly, there’s just one screw per tail light assy.

·
Registered
2014 Forester
22 Posts
@Northeasterner I have a 2014 and recall the screws being similar to either a #10 or #12 sheet metal screw. To be sure open up the other tail light and to down to a Ace Hardware or equivalent and match them up. Home Depot has a lousy fastener selection.
ColoradoZ28

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll do just that, but to our local TrueValue, which has an impressive offering of fasteners and whatnot. Thought, since it was after hours, I’d check here in case anyone happened to have the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what I’ll do.

Last weekend I removed both pairs of screws from the tail light assys, as well as one screw that inserts in line and below each pair, in order to do a little corrosion control. I wire brushed them, dipped them in Krud Kutter, dried them, and then painted them with black Rust-Oleum. When I went to return them to the vehicle, one was missing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts