Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1998 dropped and swapped
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
taco from ct now has pics

First off, the amount of info I have found on this site is awesome. Seems to be a great community of knowledgeable enthusiast.

I have had a 92 legacy since I was 18 and it has served me well. I have beat the living hell out of this thing and it starts every time. What a champ. When I bought my car it was a fwd wagon. I hydro locked my first motor by going threw 4ft of water with a cold air intake (stupid puddle of deception). I droped in another 2.2 and then decided to go awd. The conversion sucked but it is amazing in the snow and well worth it. From there on out its been 6000 rpms every shift and night of dirt bike track runs. Btw this is my dd. Then I got bored and decided to make it a truck. Pics will come soon.

Now I'm done messing with the leggy truck and its time for a boosted fozzie. I bought a 98 sf for 400 bucks and I'm in the process of building an ej205 with forged internals and race bearing. I'm prety far along with my build. Then I hit rust. Sigh. My merged harness is in and my rebuilt sti suspension and saggy butt spacers.
This car is going to be fun and I can't wait to auto cross in a boosted foz. Such a sleeper.

End rant

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,830 Posts
Welcome to the forum form Oregon! :biggrin:

Looking forward to the pictures! You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
'10 Forester
19 Posts
Welcome from Northern VA!

I agree, this forum is very helpful. I spent a bunch of time here before I even bought my car. Great bunch of people, lots of helpful advice, tips, pictures to help you do stuff to your car......

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,083 Posts
Welcome! We’re glad to have you here. Subaru, the official car of New England!

You've already done the first thing we ask of new members, and that's to provide an honest to goodness geographical location in your profile. The more fine-grained, the better! Connecticut is a big place—there's the New Yorkish part, there's the New Englandish part, there's the water part, and there's everything else—so can you narrow it down a bit? This is helpful to all of us in suggesting local sources of parts and service (and offering personal help). The next thing that would be useful is to put the vital info about your Forester into your signature. Year, model, and transmission type should do it. That lets us do a better job targeting our answers to any of your questions, and it makes it so that you don't have to remember to include this info in the text of your posts if you’re asking for assistance or advice. You can get to both signature and profile by pulling down Quick Links from the tan bar above.

In case you haven't already come across it, we've got a great FAQ sort of thread called Common problems, need your help! that everybody ought to become familiar with. It will point you to some of the best posts on how to deal with a lot of the more common situations you might encounter. And also look at the stickies up at the top of each forum's listings for answers to many of the most significant aspects of owning a Forester. Start with the stickies here at the New Member Introductions forum for info about Foresters in general and about how this place works.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
I'll ask you what turbo your swap is going to be running to give you another reason to post.

·
Registered
1998 dropped and swapped
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmm turbo... Well once I stop hemeraging money on stuff ruined by rust, I will be putting a 16g and suporting mods. I'm only doing the turbo so I can then destroy my trans ;)

But I do have all poly bushings and had delrin subframe bushings made

·
Registered
1998 dropped and swapped
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rolled the pig out of the garage last night. Found one of the evap lines leaking fuel.... Ugggg. Will be fixing that. But the rear suspension is done. It is a pain to install turbo exhaust on this thing, I think I need the long k4rtboy hangers.

·
Registered
2002 S
2,695 Posts
It is a pain to install turbo exhaust on this thing, I think I need the long k4rtboy hangers.
I had long hangers on mine and it sat wayyyyyyyyy too low at the back so I switcged to standard length. I am using an FXT specific exgaust though so that may be the difference.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts