Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
System pictures;

Started with Sound deadening. Two products - both types of Ram Mat.

Drivers side, just getting the holes plugged. It was a PITA getting the outer skin matted, someone used too much lube on the window track...I was covered in it.

Closeup of the speaker bezel, speaker, and mat around and covering it. This is a Diamond D6 model.

Finished product. I even did some mat on the plastic door panels.

Small JL 6 channel 600 watt amp. This thing sounds amazing for the price and size.

Just a rough-in of where the amp goes.

Crossovers hidden under the back seat.

Getting a bit excited at this point.

Terrible picture but it was getting late. The amp can be adjusted by just flipping up the long flap behind the seats. I love it!

Overall the system sounds great. I need to finish the sub enclosure and mat the back. I'm using a Polk 10" sub in a sealed box for now.

The rear speakers are connected through the crossover using a rear fill option. The factory location leaved a lot to be desired for the rears so custom pods may be installed at a future date.

Enjoy all!
Vince

·
Registered
2010 Forester
70 Posts
Subscribed. That's the HU I want to buy. Saving many, many pennies.

Polk is probably the way I would go for speakers as well. Not sure about the amp yet...does Sumo make car amps?

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
111 Posts
Wow, that is a LOT of sound deadening! Must be much quieter inside now. Nice work!

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These doors sound amazing! By far the best midbass response in a car I have ever owned. I almost don't need a sub. In most musical selections I can only tell if the sub is off if I am listening for it.
So I either need more sub or my midbass is just that good.

The alarm takes a lot of getting used to. This thing does so much it's almost too much.

I will try to get some shots this afternoon of everything in and buttoned up. I will also update this as I build the custom glass enclosure and pods for rear fill speakers. I'm thinking we'll try to get some 4" speakers on the rear sills. Something very directional and low powered to fill the cavernous rear area. The stock rear door locations just won't cut it.

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, that is a LOT of sound deadening! Must be much quieter inside now. Nice work!
The doors sound amazing. They shut with a solid "THUD" that you just don't get with a Forester. The road noise in the front of the car was cut substantially, but it just amplifies the horrible noise coming from the rear hatch and cargo area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts