41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring CVT
133 Posts
Thank you!

Thanks! I dont have any sound clips on this computer but give this link a try:

http://instagr.am/p/Br3nIEkggdA/
It does feel like some low end torque was lost. Only noticeable to me in "I" mode. S and S# feel the same.
What model year is the SPT exhaust that you have? Is it 2015+ or the prior year ones? Also is it the STI or WRX one.

Was it a direct bolt on?

·
Registered
2018 FXT
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
SPT cat back exhaust meant for an 08-10 WRX. Direct bolt-on if you use the entire cat back exhaust. You can't bolt the muffler section onto our factory b pipe. Here's a pic of where it's different:

·
Registered
133 Posts
SPT cat back exhaust meant for an 08-10 WRX. Direct bolt-on if you use the entire cat back exhaust. You can't bolt the muffler section onto our factory b pipe. Here's a pic of where it's different:

View attachment 536498
Nice. Yea i would install the full cat back as well.

I wonder if the SPT for the 2015+ WRX is a direct bolt on for the SJ XT.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
324 Posts
Nice. Yea i would install the full cat back as well.

I wonder if the SPT for the 2015+ WRX is a direct bolt on for the SJ XT.
Yes and no, It physically fits but you need to trim the bumper cutouts to fit the quad tips. which is why the 08-10 SPT is popular along with the N1, both being single tips.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes and no, It physically fits but you need to trim the bumper cutouts to fit the quad tips. which is why the 08-10 SPT is popular along with the N1, both being single tips.
Ahh that makes sense. I forgot the 2015+ SPT had quad tips. Wonder if you can still order 08-10 SPT one from Subaru. My guess is that it's discontinued. I was looking at the Invidia Q300 since its very similar, but want to keep it as close to OEM as possible.

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
324 Posts
Ahh that makes sense. I forgot the 2015+ SPT had quad tips. Wonder if you can still order 08-10 SPT one from Subaru. My guess is that it's discontinued. I was looking at the Invidia Q300 since its very similar, but want to keep it as close to OEM as possible.
You can't its discontinued. They are getting harder and harder to find. I have one in my shed but one of the flange welds cracked and will need to be rewelded. I've heard the Q300 has highway drone, but don't have any first hand experience.

·
Registered
133 Posts
You can't its discontinued. They are getting harder and harder to find. I have one in my shed but one of the flange welds cracked and will need to be rewelded. I've heard the Q300 has highway drone, but don't have any first hand experience.
Dammit lol

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Forester XT Touring
1 Posts
Hello @synergy10 - Question for ya!... Do your tires rub with your current lift kit? I also noticed that your running a high offset...

The reason I ask is because I recently purchased a 2018 FXT and I just order a 2inch lift kit. Ive been doing alot of research and noticed that alot of peeps go with 225/65/17's with no issues. I havent seen alot of peeps work with 235/65/17's...

Im curious to know about your experience with this tire size and with your current lift kit...

Also, nice ride you got there... I'm digging the color of your FXT and the setup you got going on. 😎

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2018 FXT
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Hello @synergy10 - Question for ya!... Do your tires rub with your current lift kit? I also noticed that your running a high offset...

The reason I ask is because I recently purchased a 2018 FXT and I just order a 2inch lift kit. Ive been doing alot of research and noticed that alot of peeps go with 225/65/17's with no issues. I havent seen alot of peeps work with 235/65/17's...

Im curious to know about your experience with this tire size and with your current lift kit...

Also, nice ride you got there... I'm digging the color of your FXT and the setup you got going on. 😎

Thanks in advance!
There's very minimal rubbing now...only when maneuvering around a parking lot (barely there compared to before). The offset of the wheels are fairly high/stock-ish at +44 but I do have 25mm wheel spacers making them about a +19.

With 225's I don't think you'll run into any of the issues that I did. Some people reported no/minor rubbing issues and others said it was a lot worse with the 235's. I wanted the wider/meatier size and was prepared to do what it took to get them to work for me.

I have no complaints with my current setup. Took it on a 4 hour road trip to visit my parents. Usually we'll get the occasional loud rub noise from the rear tire to inner fender lip on the highway when going over large dips. None of that this time around.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad that the color combo worked out the way it did. I'm very happy with it as well.

Good luck with your decision!

41 - 51 of 51 Posts