Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I asked a few tuners about it, and swapping isn't worth the costs. The VF48 is superior, but not enough to warrant the cost of the swap and a retune.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,707 Posts
More information for my "Power MOD Notes". Thanks! :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about switching to VF-43,will I need a retune? The reason i'm switching is my VF-39 has bad crack from the wastegate door,this crack could effect the door from sealling.The other reason I can't get it retuned easily is because the tuner is located in a different state. Also ecu-tek can't be retuned without the tuner knowing the code. Any sugestions on solution to these problems?

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
How about switching to VF-43,will I need a retune? The reason i'm switching is my VF-39 has bad crack from the wastegate door,this crack could effect the door from sealling.The other reason I can't get it retuned easily is because the tuner is located in a different state. Also ecu-tek can't be retuned without the tuner knowing the code. Any sugestions on solution to these problems?
Could affect it? Does that mean it is? Is it?

Another victim of ECUtek...turds...

Here are my suggestions:

1)Unless you aren't hitting target boost because of the crack (I highly doubt it is that bad, is the housing falling apart?), leave the turbo alone. Its concievable that the crack could hurt spool time a bit, but seriously, if fast is what you are after, go bigger than a vf anyway.

2)Get rid of ECUtek unless you like to get repeatedly ripped off and screwed over. At some point you have to cut your losses.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Auto4
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do I get rid of Ecu-tek tune ,you can't reprogram it?Do I need to get a new ECU? What turbo would you recomend and if I get a different turbo will it require larger fuel injectors? Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,853 Posts
How do I get rid of Ecu-tek tune ,you can't reprogram it?Do I need to get a new ECU? What turbo would you recomend and if I get a different turbo will it require larger fuel injectors? Thanks Jeff
Any bigger than a vf39/43/48, and yes, you need bigger injectors.

You can have ECUtek pull the license or you can pick up an ecu for roughly $150. Be sure you have someone lined up to tune you when you do that though...

As for turbos, the board concensus seems to be a 18g TD05 8cm for a good, solid street turbo that will run mid 12's. Quick enough spool with solid top end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts