Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an alignment policy and had the car aligned with stock wheels and 225/50 16 "summer tires".

I bought a set of winter aftermarket wheels and tires that are 225/55 17 and mounted them on the car.

The alignment shop is not the most convenient to get to, so I would rather avoid going if possible even though the alignment is free.

I have researched on a few different websites and they all say that an alignment is not required.

The vehicle doesn't pull at all with the new wheel tire combo either.

I would really hate to have my vehicle aligned every time I swap summer and winter setups, but I will if I have to.

Thanks!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I don't get an alignment when I swap from winter to summer and back, and I run different sizes on each of my Foresters.

On my XT I go from 225/45/18 to 225/55/17
On my X I go from 225/55/17 to 215/60/16

I've been doing this for 4 plus years with no issues. However I do have a lifetime alignment deal on both my Foresters, so I do take them in atleast once a year, sometimes for if I've been to the track or offroading or something. My alignments are thru the dealer, so I always get a loaner car. Gives me a chance to check out the new Subies for a day since my dealer ship always has new model loaners.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't get an alignment when I swap from winter to summer and back, and I run different sizes on each of my Foresters.

On my XT I go from 225/45/18 to 225/55/17
On my X I go from 225/55/17 to 215/60/16

I've been doing this for 4 plus years with no issues. However I do have a lifetime alignment deal on both my Foresters, so I do take them in atleast once a year, sometimes for if I've been to the track or offroading or something. My alignments are thru the dealer, so I always get a loaner car. Gives me a chance to check out the new Subies for a day since my dealer ship always has new model loaners.

I just don't have the time for this (really wish I did)...your post is helpful.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Wheel size, width and offset will not affect alignment settings.

Stan

·
Registered
2009 Forester (MT)
226 Posts
What you want to do is to spin-balance the tires, and rotate them around 8,000 miles or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts