Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2007 XT doesn't have any switches in the locations on the driver's side, where your left knee is. The two locations on the left do have a factory wiring harness running to them. (see attached photo) Does anyone know what switches may have been located there with other trim packages? The reason I ask is that I am thinking about installing fog lights and if there is a factory wiring harness already installed I would like to use it. Thanks,
Kerry

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,814 Posts
@kdschutt01 the factory fog light wiring will be there. You will need to add a relay & a fog light switch. :wink:

The factory doesn't protect the wiring connectors on the fog light end, so if yours are anything like mine, the wiring connectors have been exposed to the elements since the vehicle left the assembly line! :icon_eek:

Take a look at the diagram below, which shows what can go in that panel.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Manual
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bobby, the heated mirrors should would have been nice this morning. We actually got some snow here in NE Tennessee.
Kerry

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,814 Posts
@kdschutt01 I'm assuming you have the Sports XT, as the Limited came with fog lights. :confused:

My '07 FSXT came with heated seated, a feature that wasn't suppose to be there! :biggrin:

I've been pondering on how to add fog lights for a long time... still pondering, as house projects have taken up all my time. This project has been moved to the "back burner". :frown:
Here a link to what I'm thinking about doing: Fog lights for my future MOD!

Here's a link to my switch panel: I need more switches! - Part 4 - installed + a picture of v2 of this MOD!

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts