Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wonder what the story behind it would be....
read the comments. About halfway down the page the photographer leaves some feedback.
Mike Leeds said:
Just a note from the Photographer. My friends were scouting the rapid, Juicer, on the N.F. Payette River in Idaho. (i will leave names out) My friend had done one too many hand brake slides i guess. The car was running with the e–brake on, as they were scouting it started rolling. It picked up speed crossed both lanes of Highway 55 and launched into the class 5 rapid backwards. It floated approx 15 to 20 feet until it lodged into the position shown in the photo. It was pulled out 3 hours later with a tow truck, and was still running along with the wipers going back and forth. Crazy day and i got some good shots for sure. This photo was featured in Paddler Magazine, July/August 08′. There was a lot of controversy when i first put this photo out. Some said photoshop, well i can tell you its not photoshopped. Here is a link to the gallery on my website.

Kayaking related/lifestyle - mike leeds photography

Also for future reference, if you are going to take my copyrighted images from my site. if you right click and save, it clearly states that they are copyrighted to me. I would at least appreciate you asking me, asking goes along way (Andrew C). I am cool, but i don’t like to give my “product” away.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Wow... amazing. It takes a little more than just some rapids to kill a Subie!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
It is a repost. I remember it from a year or so ago. The full story has pic adn video of the car in the water and being pulled out by a wrecker.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts