Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am considering getting swifts real soon. I have seen a lot of good feedback on these.

I was wondering if anyone had any type of problems after the new springs have been installed that I should be on the lookout for.

If you have had no problems whats so ever please let me know your experience with them also.

I am a very picky person and I notice slight changes in my car easily. Maybe I have OCD, thats what my wife keeps saying.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
unless losing wheel gap and better handling are problems youll be fine... the car should have come w/ swifts from the factory IMHO. the ride was leaps and bounds better than OEM!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
^^ What he said...

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
I love my swifts... It does stiffen up a bit and you do feel the road more. However and it s a big however, they are awesome and when on smooth roads, especially freeways, they rule... You really feel grounded.. So pull the trigger my man.. I am glad I did.

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
In my opinion, the rear springs are slightly too stiff - feels a bit jumpy at times when I drive moderately hard on not-quite-smooth pavement. It is better when I'm closer to the limit of traction though; not too bad on gravel either.

Bigger front sway bar (22-24mm; w/ 20mm rear) might alleviate that to some degree; or just keep stock rear sway.

Good for towing, too (less sag).

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In my opinion, the rear springs are slightly too stiff - feels a bit jumpy at times when I drive moderately hard on not-quite-smooth pavement. It is better when I'm closer to the limit of traction though; not too bad on gravel either.

Bigger front sway bar (22-24mm; w/ 20mm rear) might alleviate that to some degree; or just keep stock rear sway.

Good for towing, too (less sag).

Right on!

·
Registered
2004 FXT standard
14 Posts
im where ur at bud, mine are supposed to arrive in the next month. but ive read only good things, so i cant wait

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Had mine on since this summer and no problems here. Definitely a good buy IMO. I dont know if its the springs or tires but gets really bumpy over uneven pavement. I kind of remember it being a little smoother over bumps. None the less, much better overall with the Swifts.
I also got the WRX RSB and that flattened out the ride even more. No squeaks or rattles from either, and I live in NYC.

·
Registered
2017 X1 CVT
220 Posts
Yea, Im still running on stock tires. Waiting for them to wear out so I can get some better ones. I feel like changing them prematurely is a waste of money.

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,355 Posts
If you are OCD you will definitely notice the jitteriness of these springs, they aren't nearly as bad as some but they definitely take away any cushiness the car had with the stock springs. It's not bad though if you don't mind feeling the road a bit. Of course if you have the stock geolandars on you'll still have a bit of the boat feel even with the swifts. I love mine. Looks great too! tHOUGH your Forester will be lower than any other SUV out there and barely higher than some cars.

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are OCD you will definitely notice the jitteriness of these springs, they aren't nearly as bad as some but they definitely take away any cushiness the car had with the stock springs. It's not bad though if you don't mind feeling the road a bit. Of course if you have the stock geolandars on you'll still have a bit of the boat feel even with the swifts. I love mine. Looks great too! tHOUGH your Forester will be lower than any other SUV out there and barely higher than some cars.

thank you for your input! I do plan on getting new tires too. Just working on the wife trying to butter her up so I can get the swifts and some new tires.

I have it all worked out. My plan will come out after her most epic Valentine's day. Muuuuhahahahaha.

:rock:

·
Premium Member
04 Acura TSX the slick 6 speed
2,355 Posts
thank you for your input! I do plan on getting new tires too. Just working on the wife trying to butter her up so I can get the swifts and some new tires.

I have it all worked out. My plan will come out after her most epic Valentine's day. Muuuuhahahahaha.

:rock:
ha that is very funny.

when i first started modding i used to feel the same way but i don't spend money on anything else and i think she's come to appreciate the car being awesomer than stock form.

enjoy the mods and V day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts