Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would 04+ swift springs work on a 2000 with stock struts. I might need new struts. I wanna drop 2 inches or so for cheap. I've searched forums for days with no real clear answers to a cheap 2 inch drop.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also where is a good place to buy them? I found a set for 299 at some noname site.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
You'll need SG (03-08) struts to fit the Swifts. As for where to buy Swifts, check out Mann Engineering in our vendor section and inquire about the group buy price.

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
Technically, you can use SF struts, but you need special spacers (Scooby921 spacers - buy them at TurnInConcepts.com) and rear SG (03-08 Forester) or 04+ WRX or STI top hats.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Would 04+ swift springs work on a 2000 with stock struts. I might need new struts. I wanna drop 2 inches or so for cheap. I've searched forums for days with no real clear answers to a cheap 2 inch drop.
Pickup some WRX takeoffs. You can usually get a full set for around $200 (thats how much I paid). 2-3 inch drop.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do the wrx takeoffs have to be from a certain year. I keep hearing about 04 wrx takeoffs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts