Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys has anyone tried swepco 201 gl-5 80w90 in the diffs .. if so what did you think .

I have been a fan of swepco products for a lot of years but new to suby cars and don't want to jack up my diffs

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
I'm running swepco. When I did the 30K service at a local Subaru shop I went with their "upgraded" fluids and that's what they use. They swear by it and people that've driven my car have commented on how smoothly my transmission shifts.

If you would like, I can double-check the exact weight and part numbers of the fluid they used.

Stan

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would be great thanks!! ... do you think it is what they use for auto trans fluid and for both diffs ?

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 5 Speed
534 Posts
I just did my 60k and changed the tranny fluid last weekend with Swepco 201 GL-5. It shifts much smoother than before.

80w90 is the correct weight.

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about auto, my car is a manual. I'll check with them.

Stan

Thanks again !!

next after this I get to try and pull off a timing belt replacement - LOL

I have used suby engines ias a transplant engine but never actually owned one long enough to have to do actual maint work on them , HAHA !

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Hey Noah,

You guys used Swepco in my transmission and differential, it's been working great and people comment on how well my transmission shifts. Was this Swepco 201 gl-5 80w90, and do you guys use it in automatic transmissions also?

Thank you much, hope all is well.
Yes we use swepco 201 80/90, and its designed only for differentials and manual transmissions.

Swepco does make a auto fluid if you like though.

Thanks,
Stan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts