Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1751 Posts

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
That wrap looks really good! Looking forward to seeing the new goodies.
Thanks!
Where did you buy the cf vinyl? Thinking about doing this myself for a little weekend project
A friend of mine does this on the side so he had this particular new material to test out. I'm not sure where gets his vinyl but this carbon stuff is the best I've seen in person. It looks legit....I actually told some of my buddies that it was real and they believed me....until I said, jk. lol The stuff is made by vvivid called tech art carbon fiber gloss.

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Here's a better picture of the chrome delete bottom window trim with black gloss vinyl. The little things makes everything so much better! =)

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Small update with LEDs from Diode Dynamics

Finally had some time to swap out the ugly amber license plate and city lights with LEDs from Diode Dynamics.

Love the look. Should look like this from factory anyways. Here's a ton of pics for reference. I also disabled my DRLs, so that I can just run city lights during the day. Just a preference thing that I always do.

Stage 2 on the right and stage 3 left

OEM left and stage 3 right

Stage 2 left and stage 3 right

OEM before

Stage 2 after

Night time shots

City/parking light OEM left and stage 3 right

Daytime stage 3 city/parking

Nighttime stage 3 city/parking

Close up day time stage 3

Close up night time stage 3

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Breaking period over + new H11 bulbs

:woohoo: Finally surpass 1k miles. Now, time to rally! lol

I hated how dim the OEM low beams are so I just swapped them out for the Night Breaker unlimited bulbs made by OSRAM. I am very pleased with the outcome....much better light output and coverage. Also, a tad bit whiter but I wasn't going for the color just output.

OEM left/Night breaker right

OEM before

Night Breaker after

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well, today was the first time I used x-mode. I was impressed, it's a great feature. I used it coming down steep off-roading terrain. It performed flawlessly.

that and the cross bars !
Yeah, I am looking forward putting the cross bars to work. I am currently looking for cargo boxes.

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Window visors and OEM aero cross bars mounted

Installed the visors and cross bars a couple nights ago. Cross bars took 5-10 minutes and visors about 2 hours. I took my time with the visors and properly prepped by using a lot of heat since my garage was pretty cold.

Forester in PA by vJoshf, on Flickr

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Stupid question of the day. What do the visors do?
Ha, no such thing! I always love the way they look but they actually serve a purpose too. It's great especially here in the PNW where I can have the windows crack for fresh air while its pissing rain out. It's nice knowing when it rains nothing won't get inside because of the visors. Oh, did I also mentioned that they look super cool. lol

I can't believe how cheap these are. When I had my Lexus they were $200. The visors for the ISF are almost $400...ridiculous. These were under $100.

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
Yakima Rocketbox 16

Picked up a Yakima Rocketbox 16. Its an excellent shape....this thing is huge though but just what I need. For $200 on Craigslist, can't go wrong.

I am going to spice it up though. Maybe wrap it in carbon or gloss black but paint the bottom part flat black.

I didn't even test fit it yet. I will try that tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,539 Posts
Nice man yea my cross bars were cheap maybe 120
and my visor around the same price.

I was happy i got a few mods on the car that are useful and practical =)

Nice box, i'm waiting to score a low profile box because I don't want to make the car too tall, but then again my friend said I lowered the car, so maybe I can go with a nice tall box now.

41 - 60 of 1751 Posts