Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1751 Posts

·
Forester of the Year 2014
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Chrome delete on front grille and bottom window trim. The grille was wrapped with carbon fiber gloss made my vvivid. The window trim is standard black gloss made by Avery. I plan to get few other accents stuff wrapped. Stay tuned, for better pics.

·
Registered
'14 FXT
66 Posts
Your XT looks great. What kind/brand of film did you use for the headlights and taillights? Were they pre-cut? Was it a pain dealing with the transition to the top of the headlight (wrinkles)?

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,539 Posts
The trim was such a ***** to do. I needed an expert to help. the grill and everything I did myself.

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Your XT looks great. What kind/brand of film did you use for the headlights and taillights? Were they pre-cut? Was it a pain dealing with the transition to the top of the headlight (wrinkles)?
Thanks man. Lamin-x. I bought the roll and my tint did the cutting for me. It was a pain for the headlights....so I end up taking it in to the shop. Tails wasn't as bad.

The trim was such a ***** to do. I needed an expert to help. the grill and everything I did myself.
Oh man, the trim was brutal! I don't understand why they use rubber on both ends. Why couldn't be just chrome with rubber underneath! lol It's not perfect but it still looks better than the chrome. I forgot how long it took but it was too damn long.

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Any close up shots of that grille completed? I didn't car for all the chrome trim on these cars and you seem to be onto a clean concept.
Yeah, I will post tonight. This new carbon material is legit, looks better than real. A clean subtle look in the shade and pops out in the sun. I am very happy with the outcome.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,539 Posts
Yea I did my trims and you can see some gaps due to the blade size. But honestly I will redo it when it is warmer but it was better to cover up everything first.
Black car and chrome = yuck =\

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Here are some pics with the chrome delete on the front grille. Wrapped in carbon fiber gloss made my Vvivid.

I will post more in sunlight, when that day comes.

Yea I did my trims and you can see some gaps due to the blade size. But honestly I will redo it when it is warmer but it was better to cover up everything first.
Black car and chrome = yuck =\
Yeah, I hear ya man! I will attempt to redo mine when it gets warmer, so pretty much after July 4th. lol

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The black out grill looks good man!
I like the gloss cf. Mine was dry cf. Better than chrome by tons.
Thanks guys....way better than chrome! I love the way black and carbon look together.

I just took 2nd place in my fantasy football league...winnings $400. Time to shop for a cargo box! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,539 Posts
Only way I would do black and trims I said to myself black on black is too much and i didn't want my forester to look like murdered out look.

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Goodies on the way. :woohoo:

Window visors
STi rear sway bar
OEM Aero crossbars
LED license plate and city lights
Osram night breaker unlimited low beam bulbs

Only way I would do black and trims I said to myself black on black is too much and i didn't want my forester to look like murdered out look.
Yeah, I don't want the murdered out look as well but sometimes it can look pretty damn good. lol I want to add a couple brushed aluminium accents though, haven't decided where yet. Perhaps the rail bars and door mirror covers.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT CVT
3,539 Posts
Nice
I probably skip the aluminum accents. i'd got textured/cf look for a nice apprearance.

Chrome/silver not my taste, but give it a shot it does give some accents to the black.

·
SJ XT Premium CVT
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Yeah, I prefer brushed aluminum because it gives that dull look but attractive imo at the same time. To me, the brushed appearance gives off an aggressive look more than a classy look with regular chrome/aluminum. We'll see what I decide on!

21 - 40 of 1751 Posts