Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear sway bar on my MY08 Forester X keeps shifting to the left. Even after I take it off and re centre it. Anyone else had this problem? Are the bushes too small or OD of the bar too small?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,067 Posts
I know there are anchors you can put on the bar on either side of the sways (usually they are put on on by the left bushing/mount and one by the right). They just clamp on and they help keep it from shifting... maybe Whiteline has them?

·
Registered
05 FXT 5MT
255 Posts
Most industrial supply company will have suitable "shaft collars". You'll want a 2pc type.

Here's a link to McMaster-Carr's website listing of collars....buy from them or another place of your choice.

McMaster-Carr

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
If it consistently drifts one way, there's got to be a reason for it - damaged endlinks or sway bar mounts, problems with lateral links, awfully bad alignment, or something else. Or it can be a bad bar - check for cracks etc.

·
Registered
2008 Forester X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the quick replys. I like the look of the collars but the truth is I should have to re engineer this. I agree something must be out so back to Subaru and we'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts