Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 LL Bean Edition Automatic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out their carpet for the rubber type found in work trucks? Is it also worth it to add more sound deadening material while I'm at it? The interior is loud during long road trips and we live in a rural setting so keeping the car reasonably clean is a huge challenge.
Please share with me your lessons learned and the sources used for materials to do this.

·
Registered
2017 Outback
118 Posts
I don't know where you would find a rubber mat to sub for the carpet but if you do take the carpet out then I have some advice. The carpet on the later models has a think insulation pad glued to the bottom side. If your car doesn't have it then you'll want to add some sound deadening material ( Noico from Amazon or Peel-n-Seal from Lowes) to the sheet metal floor. Then add a sound absorber (closed cell foam or cotton padding) on top of the sound deadener. Don't forget to add both to the cargo area and if you have the time and money then do the doors (remove interior door panel and apply materials to the sheet metal), too.

There are lots of videos on Youtube that can teach you all you need to know. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts