Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STI 6MT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried some searching and didn't come across anything so I'll jump right into this...

I have an 05 STi thats getting a bit long in the tooth, I could use the room of a forester and have stumbled across an 04 XT, but with a 4eat.

Question is, what will be the re-wiring impacts of swapping the 6MT, ECU and full powertrrain from the STI into the AT Fozy?

Edit: want to stick with my 05 ECU since it's ECUTek'd.

Thanks,

Braz

·
Registered
2010 Legacy GT LTD 6 spd
967 Posts
Not sure if you found this or not:
http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f95/advantages-disadvantages-04-sti-ecu-86133/index2.html

You may want to leave the 04 engine in place if it is less worn than your sti, they are from what I have read identical, but only in the 04-05 xts. But having two sti motors is never a bad thing. I do believe that since this is an auto to manual swap you would have to swap the whole harness and maybe even the gauges and dash to make the swap easier.

You might want to give Iwire a shout on facebook, he does this stuff all the time and could probably tell you exactly what is needed and what is not, and if it is worthwhile doing at all.

What are your power goals in the xt?

·
Registered
2005 STI 6MT
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link and info, I'll have to look into it.
I'm only looking for around 300whp and 350tq for DD. Maybe get carried away if I build one of the motors later, but I feel like that's adequate power without sacrificing much reliability with the 257. I know its possible without swapping to the STI kit, but I enjoy the peace of mind with the STI drivetrain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts