Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious as to how many of us own or owned and SVX. We've had 3 since 1993.

How many have driven one if never owned one?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I saw one the other day!

thats as close as i've gotten to one

paging roo..

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
Roo and I have one... her name is SViXen and she's a 94 LS. :) She's Roo's trusty daily driver (140k and kicking).

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
I just sold mine a few months ago. '94 LSi in Laguna Blue. Lots of suspension goodies.

·
Administrator
29,456 Posts
^^^ hot!! Why is everybody selling their SVX's?

·
Asphalt Surfers Unlimited
2004 Forester XT
742 Posts
pleiad7 said:
^^^ hot!! Why is everybody selling their SVX's?
Because I finally grenaded the transmission and didn't want to go to the expense of towing it all the way to Virginia to finish converting it to 5-speed. I had a 19k mile Forester 4.11 5MT sitting around waiting to go in but I decided to pass the project along rather than sink a bunch more money into it.

I sold it to a friend who is finishing the trans swap and may actually switch to an EJ257 out of an '04 STi.

D

·
0 Posts
My Dad just got rid of his, we traded it in when we got my Forester, it was totally gone, that tranny has seen better days, an expensive fix, leave it for someone else. it had 100,000 miles on it. A black first year SVX I think that was a 1992???, it was great in it's time.

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And still great today-ours is only 9 y.o. w/ 51k on it. I know aguy who has a 97 w/11 k on it. No other car like it. Crappy mpg's tho...

·
Administrator
29,456 Posts
Jeffn said:
Crappy mpg's tho...
Whaaat? No way! Our SVX gets way better mileage than the FXT. Usually around 22-24 mpg, while Subed manages a measly 18-20.

I

·
0 Posts
I had 2, but sold one to my dad last year.
my 92 has 224,000 miles on it and is my daily driver.
the other 92 has about 150k and is now my dad's garage queen.

·
Registered
285 Posts
pleiad7 said:
Roo and I have one... her name is SViXen and she's a 94 LS. :) She's Roo's trusty daily driver (140k and kicking).

My dad has one very similar to Roo's. Its a nice car. Has done over 200,000kms.

C

·
0 Posts
Here's my former brilliant red '96. Sold her in January of '06 prior to purchasing my '06 WRX TR. She was a great car with 135K miles that not only was my daily driver but my weekend whip! Took her down the dragstrip at 15.0 @ 91mph.

I

·
0 Posts
BlueDevil said:
i drove from my house in fair hill to cockeysville (both in maryland) and saw 3 svx's, two reds and a white. can i assume maryland is the svx capital of the world?
cool cars.
Actually I think Pennsylvania has more svx's than anywhere else. Ton's of owners on the svx network from there.
http://www.frappr.com/svx

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ensteele on the svx net has 12 or 13 of 'em...

B

·
0 Posts
I've had my SVX 10 years now, just ready to turn 58,000. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Art Director
2001 Forester S Automatic
101 Posts
old school subaru heads

OK,

you all win points for most old school subaru sportscars.
That blue one is really sharp!
If I had a massive garage I would add one of those to the collection.

Has anybody tried making a drift style SVX ?

It is a unique original design.
Better styling than the new subies if you ask me.
I guess I like old school though.

·
Registered
2004 Sube slushy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's the Giugiaro stylin you're likin...

·
Administrator
29,456 Posts
Do you guys think Roo and I are crazy for considering another SVX? A friend of ours might be selling his... it's a 92 with 90k and he has sank about $10k into it in an effort to fix various issues. At this point, the vital components of the car are practically brand new... It's got a new engine, rebuilt tranny, he's even replaced the ECU because he is convinced that the car has problems. According to him, it gets horrible gas mileage (like 15 mpg) and has chronic stuttering/stalling issues. Roo drove it and said it drives like a brand new car. It did stutter once, but we think the problems the guy is having are mostly due to the fact that he only drives it three miles to work and back every day. At that rate, the engine is probably choking on carbon deposits! Clogged injectors maybe? Anyways, he might be letting it go for a ridiculously low price, and we have dibs... Should we do it? Ours is FWD and Roo has been wanting the AWD version all along. :think:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts