Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
06 forester x
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys pretty sure this is my first post. i have an 06 forester that i bought used in 08. i haven't gotten too much into mods yet just aftermarket speakers and reciever self-installed new pedals and some cool blue headlights. ameture stuff, i know. i do have a question though. i'm looking too upgrade the struts and springs to sti parts mainly cus i live in vermont and the roads are either dirt roads or have tons of frost heaves. and i'm having to replace another strut! the main thing i wanna ask is life expectancy on these parts, is it worth it? and if they are worth it where are some places i can pick them up? obviously i would like to stay away from subaru dealerships or sti direct sites for the sole reason that they over charge. so again if anybody can tell me if it's worth it and if so where i can pick them up relitivly inexpensive. thanks guys.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Most people opt for takeoff parts, the STi struts are inverted and prone to 'knock' in the top bearing, you have to strip and regrease them to prevent this (do a search on here and NASIOC for instructions).

Simon

1 - 2 of 2 Posts