Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to do a drop on my 99 forester s. ive done a few suspension swaps on bmw e30s (struts, springs, camber plates) so its not a new thing to me, just new car and having to relearn drop heights vs camber and spring rates.

ive been seeing guys put on wrx sedan struts up front and wagon on the rear. my question is is what year would i have to look at for a basic swap? if worst comes to worst, i want to keep really simple by just replacing springs, but dont want to heat or cut the coils. also if im looking to do a 2" drop, how much negative camber will i get? are there camber plates to fix that?

·
Registered
2005 FXT 5 spd
247 Posts
im looking to do a drop on my 99 forester s. ive done a few suspension swaps on bmw e30s (struts, springs, camber plates) so its not a new thing to me, just new car and having to relearn drop heights vs camber and spring rates.

ive been seeing guys put on wrx sedan struts up front and wagon on the rear. my question is is what year would i have to look at for a basic swap? if worst comes to worst, i want to keep really simple by just replacing springs, but dont want to heat or cut the coils. also if im looking to do a 2" drop, how much negative camber will i get? are there camber plates to fix that?
I do not consider myself knowledgeable enough re: suspension mods to offer answers to your questions. I do know enough to strongly encourage you to not heat or cut the coils. I will also encourage you to check out the sticky threads at the top of this section. I read them a few times before making any changes to my suspension and they helped me quite a bit...

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
For a basic swap you could use WRX sedan struts front and rear, and WRX wagon springs. If you use wagon struts you'll get more than normal amount of negative camber in the back since wagon's track is shorter than our cars'.

Since your car is a '99, if you want to use '04-'07 struts you'll need the matching topnats -- yours won't work. I think '02-'03 struts and springs will work with your stock tophats, but don't quote me on that.

Stan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts