Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see pictures of your forester with your suspension setup and your thoughts on it.

It's good to see the different drops and if there is any sag going on, and also any problems with the install.

I'de start but I don't have a forester yet.

Bland...

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
susp:V8 STi takeoffs, Tanabe GF210 springs, 20mm STi RSB, Poltecs
wheels: Volk CE28n LE 18x7.5 (+47 offset) 225/45/18 Toyo proxes 4

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
First off, damn Toaster, brake overkill?

<--- Jealous

Secondly

Progress Coilovers
STi front and rear swaybars
Whiteline ALK

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
04 STi suspension, 20mm RSB,mounts, bushings etc, poltec collars,
225/50/16 Falken 512s

I like the sag, its like that for a reason.
But the forester still handles like a forester...
would like to do a steering rack upgrade one day and the steering rack bushings

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the factory sti suspension take offs have a sag to them. Crappy deal, that was the route I wanted to take.

I wonder how kyb gr2 struts with wagon pink sti springs would hold up to the sag.

Bland...

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
jbleee said:
04 STi suspension, 20mm RSB,mounts, bushings etc, poltec collars,
225/50/16 Falken 512s

I like the sag, its like that for a reason.
But the forester still handles like a forester...
would like to do a steering rack upgrade one day and the steering rack bushings
What do you mean.."Sag"? The Ver 7 STi Take-offs on my XT don't sag. Nice and tight. Do you mean the 3" drop?

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
bland said:
So the factory sti suspension take offs have a sag to them. Crappy deal, that was the route I wanted to take.

I wonder how kyb gr2 struts with wagon pink sti springs would hold up to the sag.

Bland...
Bland...check out the Members Gallery section, "Black Foresters", bottom of the first page and you can see how my XT sits. I have 04, Ver7 STi Springs, Struts, swaybars with 17" wheels.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
not a sag, just sits lower inthe rear (like a stock STi) they're kinda bouncy with stock STi springs. a switch to STi pinks or Tanabe GF210 springs (almost same spring rate) fixes most of the bounce, stiffens up the susp, lowers the front more than the back to even out the ride height.

my FXT has tanabes with 04 USDM STi struts. check the 3rd post^

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya I saw yours and would love to get a look like that, but I'm up in Canada and I love snow driving. So that is just a little to low.

I have a 2001 Rs now on eibach springs, and any lower would be next to impossible to enjoy the winters as I do now.

Bland...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
DOHCammin. Can you messure how far off the ground the underside of your front bumper is. I'de like to see if it's that much lower than my gc8.

Bland....

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
bland said:
DOHCammin. Can you messure how far off the ground the underside of your front bumper is. I'de like to see if it's that much lower than my gc8.

Bland....
will do, as soon as I get home

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
bland said:

Bland....
lowest part of front bumper (rear corner) to the ground is 6".

there is 4" of clearance under the plastic "splash" guard where the oil filter is, and that seems like the lowest thing on the car.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
Angry Toaster said:
I'll be taking a bunch more pics after I get the new hood and grill back from the paint shop this Friday. 8)
SenorSubie said:
More please :)
are you going to the Jtuned meet at Irwindale speedway this Saturday? I would love to see your Forester in person.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Big thanks DOHCammin. Now I just have to wait till it's warm enough and the ice melts in the driveway to measure.

Hopefuly bills work out this summer so I can trade up to a forester.

bland...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts