Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i should be purchasing a 2001 forester in the next couple days and im wondering what it would take to have it sitting like this;
From the Nasioc Aggressive thread posted by girodisc, 18x10s:

and what the adverse reactions their would be for daily driving something like that :icon_eek:

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one knows how to fit 18x10's on an SF?

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no one? i purchased the 01 and im trying to put together a parts list :(

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, thanks for the link! So far I'm thinking Forester Swifts and Forester GR's

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Forester Swifts won't get you anywhere close to being that low if you are going for a specific stance. To get that look it'd probably be easiest to use coilovers with really stiff springs.

As far as adverse reactions, those wheels would be very heavy for N/A car, car would be slower and ride very rough. Tires stretched like that is probably not optimal for handling either, but it's a part of the look.

Stan

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Do you just want it to be low, or do you want to be able to fit very wide wheels?

Impreza suspension could get you that low, but coilovers will give more clearance and less chance of rubbing.

Daily driving it will be very rough, and probably not handle all that great. With the forester, going too low will have a negative impact due to the poor front suspension geometry.

forester swifts with gr2's will give a good ride quality and handling while still being tolerable day to day. For a daily driver its probably the best bet unless you're wanting to run very aggressive wheels for the looks.

·
Registered
2001 forester s turbo
54 Posts
2001 using wrx setup

I have my 2001 turbo running on 2001 wrx impreza wagon suspension.

img083.jpg

Only using 16" wheels but if your looking to use 18's, then the wheel arches would fill up nicely using wrx suspension.

I like to keep it subaru equipment but eveyone has different tastes in how they like their rides.

Can't wait until I can convince my wife that a set of 17's is a must for my Foz.

scooby69:woohoo:

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
The wheel gap would be the same if you used 16" or 18", assuming you were doing similar diameter tire combo. My 225/45/18s are actually smaller diameter than my stock 17" wheels/tires, so the gap is actually bigger with 18s.

Either way, if you are worried about wheel gap, Forester Swifts are not the way to go. They are nice springs though.

Stan

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Our '02 with WRX suspension and 17" wheels. Perfectly livable every day.

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you just want it to be low, or do you want to be able to fit very wide wheels?

Impreza suspension could get you that low, but coilovers will give more clearance and less chance of rubbing.

Daily driving it will be very rough, and probably not handle all that great. With the forester, going too low will have a negative impact due to the poor front suspension geometry.

forester swifts with gr2's will give a good ride quality and handling while still being tolerable day to day. For a daily driver its probably the best bet unless you're wanting to run very aggressive wheels for the looks.
well i was planning an engine swap, etc... and one of the things i was looking forward too was some seriously meaty tires!but the more i read on here, im starting to see that getting an 06-08 xt too tear into and keep this for a more daily driver might be a better idea.

and doing something like this;
Our '02 with WRX suspension and 17" wheels. Perfectly livable every day.

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
On 18s with WRX wagon springs (soon to be lower.. again):

Stan

·
Premium Member
10,784 Posts
Then you'll probably like the lower stance even more :icon_razz:

Stan

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,450 Posts
Here's our '98 S, done up really simple. WRX wagon struts and blue WRX Prodrive springs, 17" rims:

·
Registered
2009 Impreza
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol, thats the background on my iPad :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts