Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester L Dynastar
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, this is my first post, but I am an active member on westernsubaruclub.com. I drive a bugeye WRX, and my girlfriend has a 2000 Forester Dynastar.

Looks like a great site from my little bit of lurking. Decided to register because I am having problems searching for the answers I need.

I was hoping someone could shed some light on what will fit our poor fozzy. It's got 330000kms on it. The rear suspension seems really stiff and jerky going up and down, but i don't think it's the shocks - I think it's the long bolt going through the rear housing. Anyone ever experience this?

Anyway, main question is, will WRX sedan or wagon swaybars and endlinks fit a 2000 forester?

Would it be best to go with the WRX struts/springs too?

I had a top nut on a KYB GR2 come loose (previous owner installed) while my GF was driving it, and it looks like I could rebuild it (a few threads are a tiny bit flattened, but some locktite would probably make sure it stayed) but I'm kinda leary about doing that.

It needs sways and definitely endlinks, the rubber is shot in them.

Also, are there any Outback or just regular Legacy struts that would swap over?

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1998 Cayenne GTS 6speed
1,751 Posts
The rear suspension seems really stiff and jerky going up and down, but i don't think it's the shocks - I think it's the long bolt going through the rear housing. Anyone ever experience this?

No. Lift, check everything for play/damage.

Anyway, main question is, will WRX sedan or wagon swaybars and endlinks fit a 2000 forester?

Yes, everything should swap directly from a bugeye rex. Except the front sway bar. And if it's a wagon, there will be some minor issues with front camber (struts). And if it is a sedan, the rear will be a bit too low (springs).

Would it be best to go with the WRX struts/springs too?

Personal preference (slammed looks + handling + less-than-ideal camber curve vs. clearance on/off-road and stock looks).

Also, are there any Outback or just regular Legacy struts that would swap over?

Not sure of any.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts