Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a complete set of aftermarket suspension bushings for the '98 Forester S I picked up last weekend. Plan on fitting them as soon as the weather warms up.

Anyone know of any?

Bill in Brooklyn

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On this topic .. what does my Forester share with other cars in the Subaru lineup. For instance, I know that an Outback is really just a rebodied Impreza which is also a WRX, yes? Is the Forester built on the same platform? When looking at suspension parts, like shocks/struts/springs for example ... which other model's parts would fit my forester?

Sorry for the noob question ... my first Subaru.

Bill in Brooklyn

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
The Outback is part of the Legacy platform, not the Impreza. Unless you're talking about the Outback Sport, which is a trim level of the Impreza.

The Forester is built on the Impreza platform and (depending on your year and model) many parts are interchangeable with the 2.5RS/WRX/STi.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, they pretty much all fit each other, except the different bushings for various swaybar thicknesses, the best reference you can make would be to request the bushings for a 98 RS Impreza, but even more recent model specs should go on.
The only other variations I can think of are steering rack bushings (25mm vs 30mm width bracket), and the change of swaybar links in 04 (?)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts