Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust

I am thinking about getting a Supertrapp for my Foz for AutoX (SM) event use. I have the following exhaust already;

-PnP STi mannies
-STi uppipe
-TXS DP
-TXS racepipe (track use)
-TXS midpipe (3" taper to 2.5")

Is it worth the $250 + exhaust shop fab? I had one on my Modified Honda 250R 4wheeler back in the day and it was a nice bump.

What do you guys think?

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
That company is still around? A friend of mine became a distributor for them back in 1994. Did notice much of a difference in anything other than sound on a Nissan SE-R and a Suzuki Swift. Those were NA motors though, so maybe it would work good on a forced induction car. Leave the paltes in for a quiet commute, then remove them for AutoX performance.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Are you looking for this thing to help tuning for more low-end torque for auto-x? For that money I'd rather get an extra map I could switch to for specific events.

Stan

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Think of it this way, if the idea worked well there would be many imitators. As it stands the product is essentially non-existant. I say "Waste 'o money" $250 would be better spend on some used R comp rubber especially at the autox where HP isn't the winning ingredient. Even better, spend $250 on a driving course, there's a mod you can use on all your cars.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
eh, IMHO spend the money elsewhere!
Are you looking for this thing to help tuning for more low-end torque for auto-x? For that money I'd rather get an extra map I could switch to for specific events.

Stan
Think of it this way, if the idea worked well there would be many imitators. As it stands the product is essentially non-existant. I say "Waste 'o money" $250 would be better spend on some used R comp rubber especially at the autox where HP isn't the winning ingredient. Even better, spend $250 on a driving course, there's a mod you can use on all your cars.
I USUALLY love your ideas and mods but i think the above reasons state it all. 250 could corner balance to dial in suspension even more since i think with as much seat time as you have auto-xing you could benefit. r compound as mentioned above or something else

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,590 Posts
All the data I have seen for the supertrapp says steer well clear, its either quiet and horrendously restrictive or noisy and still more restrictive than a decent muffler, or in other words its the worst of both worlds, just because you can 'tune it' doesn't mean it actually at any point achieves better results than a good conventional muffler!

Simon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts