Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current sunshade from WM is a little small. I did not think it would make much difference, but it does and it is not even hot yet.
Has anyone found a good one - folding one - not a roll up one. I am thinking about the carhartt one - any thoughts

·
Registered
124 Posts
There seem to be quite a few. People like the Weathertech floor mats; perhaps the sun shade is also well designed. I wanted to invest in one, but given how pricey they are, feedback before purchasing would be helpful.

https://www.carid.com/2019-subaru-forester-sun-shades

You can also purchase a gen-u-ine Subaru one. There's another thread where you can ask for a coupon code.

subaru-forester-sunshade

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a sunshade from Weathertech. It rolls and measures to be slightly larger than what is the size of the windshield. I have no complaints so far, but we will see how the reliability holds up.
Sizing - it is slightly larger than the windshield and has cutouts for Eyesight. The size helps make sure that the shade covers the corners of the glass.

·
Registered
41 Posts
There seem to be quite a few. People like the Weathertech floor mats; perhaps the sun shade is also well designed. I wanted to invest in one, but given how pricey they are, feedback before purchasing would be helpful.
I like mine. I agree that it does a great job of covering the whole windshield. It is a roll-up, not a folding one.

I don't try to force it into a tight roll, so it rolls up with about a 6" diameter. The velcro strap manages that size roll with no issues.

I will say that if you take it out of the windshield too quickly, it will knock your EZ Pass off the windshield. I put my EZ Pass on the top of the windshield just to the left and above the eyesight lens for that side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2019 Forester Windshield Shade Sun Shade

I'd like to purchase a sun shade that fits across the windshield of my 2019 Premium Forester. I've noticed in reviews of the recommended part (SOA3991720), that the shade doesn't quite fit the larger windshield of the 2019 Forester. Anybody have experience with this? I found that WeatherTech sells one. Anybody have that one and like it? Thanks!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
i just bought one for my premium from ebay.
SOA3991310 for 65$

item # 183771020859

Weathertech is 45? but the thickness and quality of the oem is amazing. Keeps the car really cool. cant speak for weathertech, but i do know their floor mats i got for the 08 are great! trying out the husky for the 2019

·
Registered
314 Posts
I prefer the type of sunshade that has two separate circles, which twist into a very small flat circle to stow away.

Compact enough to fit behind the passenger seat in the seat back storage.

The medium fits the 2019 windshield with a bit of glass exposed: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H9QWH4[/ame]

·
Registered
357 Posts
After looking at both the WeatherTech and OEM, I went with WT. very well made, good fit and it keeps my Forester cool. I like the WT warranty. Lifetime.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts