Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone like the sun visors on the Foresters? Anyone find a better solution?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
I'm not sure about the new-er foresters but the ones on my 99 are pretty much a piece of cardboard with a sheet of vinel.. but its alright makes my car more "manly" I guess since there are no mirrors..

·
FXT Alumnus
662 Posts
02 Bug eye WRX's had the same ones.
2004 + Foresters are better, if they fit.

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
909 Posts
I'm annoyed that the visors can't fit flush on the sides because of the grab-handles. Extending panels to keep the sun off your shoulders would also be welcome.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,679 Posts
Second the desire for extending panels. I also wish that there were some grab space in the headlining along the edge of the visors, as it's difficult to get a good grip on them when they're recessed.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
274 Posts
I have an 05 XT and I like my visors, they do exactly what they were designed for..... I just wish they were a little more forward or swung down the opposite way....I always hit my head on it when getting in my XT if theyre down. Could be my short legs through. :p

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
RE: visors

SenorSubie said:
I'm not sure about the new-er foresters but the ones on my 99 are pretty much a piece of cardboard with a sheet of vinel.. but its alright makes my car more "manly" I guess since there are no mirrors..
Don't care about mirrors either. I am talking about how the visors are not long enough, near the rear-view mirror and how they don't fit flush to the driver-side window. My commute is east/west. On clear days I get lots of glare and these visors are near useless. I have an appt to add tint to the windshiield and am looking for better sunglasses. BTW, I am 6'4" maybe this is only a problem for us tall people? Seems Japanese cars fit shorter people perfectly.

Any advice on driving sunglasses? Not crazy to spend my retirement on sunglasses but my Wal-Mart specials suck!

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,679 Posts
I once knew a guy who intentionally chose his place of residence east of his place of employment in order to avoid sun in the eyes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts