Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I just had my HG fixed, and now I am thinking I may need to do the exhaust. Although they have nothing to do with each other, I started noticing a whistling at high RPM between 4000-5500 K noticed this before the HG issue.

mentioned it to my mechanic and he suggests that the ballast in the muffler are rotting out he has heard that it makes a whistling noise. He suggest drive it for a while then if it gets worse replace it.

Now I noticed a sulfur smell as I was driving home last night and thought it might be somebody else, but then driving into work today, the same smell came back, as I was doing 80Km.

Fuel economy on the car has not deviated at all, I am wondering if this is the signs the CAT is almost done ?

Any Idea's or suggestions ?

Part of me, wants to put on a really cool performance exhaust, but not sure I have the money for that right now.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Codes

The car is running pretty good, fuel economy is consistent at 24 Mpg.

I saw on boxer4racing that there is a cat designed for N.A Subaru's that is better performing than stock. Anyone have experience with them ?

Also if I do this, I may replace everything Catalytic on.

I was pretty sure, the smell was indicative of the Cat going :icon_frown:

So now to figure out exhaust, would like something custom but not willing to break the bank :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
514 Posts
boxer4racing is great. Their prices are high, but their parts are high quality. They are based in my hometown, so maybe Im biased!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts