Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester XT JDM 5MT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to lift my 02 forester XT about either 1" or 1.5" just looking for some a/t tires that are both good off-road yet still good on the street and sizes, want to give it that aggressive look but still comfortable. Thanks in advance !

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
yokohama g015. 215 70 16 fits my 08 fxt with rubbing on the mount of my mudflaps.

I have a pretty light setup, 2002 impreza wrx wheels 16lb each with the yokohama at 27lbs. but even with that, i dropped about 4-7mpg.

k02 is a really good set, and i am envious of them, buut i also wouldnt want to know how much 34lbs of rubber is gona do to my mpg.

·
Administrator
17,314 Posts
@RHDLegacyB4

What sort of off-roading do you think you will undertake e.g. light for sand, dirt or gravel tracks; medium for some rutted, slippery or rocky tracks; heavy for some rock crawling? Do you want to use the same tires in the snow or do you have a second set?

Keep in mind that a strut-top lift does not change the distance between the top of the tire and the spring perch.

·
Registered
2010 Forester A
24 Posts
BFG KO2 are extremely popular, but they are heavy as hell and have significant rolling resistance that will murder your fuel consumption and slow your vehicle down, most notably if you're in a NA model. They are great for trucks and other bigger vehicles with more power and ****** gas mileage to begin with, but if that matters to you, you might want to consider other options. I researched a bunch of options from Yokahama, Toyo, Good Year, General, Falken and Cooper, and found the Discoverer AT3 to be an excellent mix of capability, reliability, weight, ride comfort and rolling resistance. They are also an excellent performer in snow and ****** weather which matters here in the mountains of the PNW. They were available in 215/70/16 and priced competitively. If looks matter, they look more aggressive than some AT tires, but less so than grabbers, ko2s, and wranglers. Highway fuel consumption is barely any different (roadtrips!), around town it's dropped a little bit but nothing too crazy. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts